Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    through clearing to start in September 2014?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi PhysicsGal - thanks for your question.

I think you're getting a few different things confused, I'm not sure what you're specific situation is, can you tell me if you've already applied through UCAS?

From your question, you're talking about three different processes, Access to Leeds, Clearing and Deferred Entry. I'll explain each one for you, which should help!

Access to Leeds
    This is our alternative admissions scheme that allows us to identify applicants who have the potential to succeed at the University of Leeds but who may not be able to demonstrate their talents through grades alone. To be eligible for the scheme you must meet 2 or more of our eligibility criteria. For 2013 entry, applications have now closed. If you are applying for courses starting in 2014, the deadline for applications will be in February 2014.

Clearing
    This is the process where, on results day, applicants who have not secured a place (either by applying late, not receiving any offers, or missing their required grades for both their firm and insurance choice universities/courses) have a final opportunity to secure a place on one of our courses. The majority of our courses will not have places available through clearing, however we will publish any vacancies on our website in August.

Deferred Entry
    This is where you would, for example, have applied through UCAS this year when the majority of students are looking to start courses in September 2013, but you wish to start in September 2014. Requests for deferrals can either be made on the UCAS application, or once you've already replied. The policies on deferring vary from department to department, you'd need to contact the admissions team directly for advice.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need any more information.

Amanda

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.