Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My email addresses have been getting hacked 1 by 1 over a long period of time and it's not even funny.

I had 5 accounts in the past 2 years. All the passwords didn't start working even though I had them written down. (All different passwords and in a location where their not accessible even by the SWAT team )

My 4th account's password has stop working and this has got me a bit worried. The passwords haven't stopped working for no reason..

This just leaves me with one account.

The reason I have so many accounts because I kept having to make new ones when the passwords wouldn't work.

ReputationRep:
    just do a password reset?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a firewall on your computer? Have you done a virus scan?

did you set any secret questions for the accounts?

ReputationRep:
    Try changing your security question and answer too?
    (I used to have a really easy one to guess and that's how someone stole my hotmail from me)

ReputationRep:
    If you're using Yahoo, then it's just their standard **** service. Switch your email provider to Gmail or something with better security.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perform a full virus scan in safe-mode and then change all your passwords If you believe your computer is still at risk, don't use that computer to change the passwords - Use a school/college/uni/library computer to do so. There's no point changing your password if there is a bug in place to keep track of those passwords. You're essentially telling them the new password as you do it.

ReputationRep:
    What the guy above said, you may have a keylogger, run a virus scan.
    Avast is free and pretty good if you don't have software already : http://www.avast.com/en-gb/compare-a...FYfJtAodyUUAXA

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it sounds like a virus/malware alright.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Enjoy your RAT

ReputationRep:
    You most likely have a RAT or a Keylogger.

Download either Avast or Avira anti-virus and scan.

ReputationRep:
    If it's over a period of two years I doubt you have a RAT or a keylogger.
    http://www.techspot.com/downloads/47...i-malware.html
    Download and run this anyway, quick scan is just as good as a full scan.
    That'll get rid of any malevolent things you've downloaded.

As for email I strongly suggest you switch to gmail, they're harder to crack, even if the attacker does know the password!
    https://accounts.google.com/SignUp

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.