Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had a small flask with milk in it on the floor in the front of the car for a few days this week which, unbeknown to me, must have been ever so slightly leaking from the lid. From what I can see, very little milk has spilled as the flask still appeared to have roughly the same amount of milk in it however, the smell is horrendous and I'm gonna need to get it sorted.

I've gone online and there are a million and one pieces of advice for spilled milk in cars and I wondered if anybody has discovered spilled milk in your car which has for all intents and purposes dried and successfully managed to clean it and get rid of the smell without any reoccurence using readily available products which are relatively inexpensive.

Just for the purposes of not looking like a dumb-arse, it was my missus who put the flask there and presumably didn't tighten the lid correctly!! ;-p

ReputationRep:
    green bottle top milk or blue?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but don't you know that there is no point crying over spilt milk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murph71)
    I had a small flask with milk in it on the floor in the front of the car for a few days this week which, unbeknown to me, must have been ever so slightly leaking from the lid. From what I can see, very little milk has spilled as the flask still appeared to have roughly the same amount of milk in it however, the smell is horrendous and I'm gonna need to get it sorted.

I've gone online and there are a million and one pieces of advice for spilled milk in cars and I wondered if anybody has discovered spilled milk in your car which has for all intents and purposes dried and successfully managed to clean it and get rid of the smell without any reoccurence using readily available products which are relatively inexpensive.

Just for the purposes of not looking like a dumb-arse, it was my missus who put the flask there and presumably didn't tighten the lid correctly!! ;-p
    Try bicarb of soda. Rub it in and also leave a layer on top for about a day then hoover it off

Used this when I had to clean out a house the ****ing tenants had let cats piss all over the carpets.

ReputationRep:
    Burn it out

ReputationRep:
    Gummibaerchen; I'll give the bicarb a bash. Thanks for your response.

ReputationRep:
    I've not met a smell that febreze can't kill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murph71)
    Gummibaerchen; I'll give the bicarb a bash. Thanks for your response.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Sorry, but don't you know that there is no point crying over spilt milk?
    lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.