Virgin and proud...I think! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm a girl, I turn eighteen in a matter of weeks, and I'm a virgin. I've had the opportunity to lose it, but I really want to save it until I'm in love. I want it to be really meaningful and special, not just a one night stand or a fling with some guy I barely care about.
Anyway, I always thought it was ok, but I keep getting the same reaction off people if I tell them that I've never had sex. They're like, "What? Really? Why??" and then look really confused when I give my reasons!

Am I weird or something? Is it going to be like this when I start uni? I'm worried that I'll meet a guy, tell him I'm a virgin and he'll be like, see ya!
planes12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a girl, I turn eighteen in a matter of weeks, and I'm a virgin. I've had the opportunity to lose it, but I really want to save it until I'm in love. I want it to be really meaningful and special, not just a one night stand or a fling with some guy I barely care about.
Anyway, I always thought it was ok, but I keep getting the same reaction off people if I tell them that I've never had sex. They're like, "What? Really? Why??" and then look really confused when I give my reasons!

Am I weird or something? Is it going to be like this when I start uni? I'm worried that I'll meet a guy, tell him I'm a virgin and he'll be like, see ya!
i'm 23 and a virgin and would hope there are still girl virgins out there, i see sex as special aswell.
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you don't wish to have sex until you're good and ready, then who is anyone else to tell you that's wrong.

Follow your heart.
Nyx
Report 12 years ago
Forget what anyone else says, this is your decision to make and yours alone. Sex is a very personal thing and should be very much left up to the preference of each individual.

I know a 23 year old who hasn't had sex - hell, she hasn't even got beyond a few kisses - for much the same reasons as you.

Please don't give into peer pressure and have sex before you really want to, simply because of what other people say or think. I've seen so many girls in my school cave to that kind of pressure and end up doing things they later regret, and it saddens and infuriates me at the same time. Do what *you* feel is right, and if anyone gives you flak for that, **** them.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it's good that you are still a virgin, and proud by the looks of it. just because some other people think it's 'cool' to not be a virgin, it doesn't mean it's right.

hold your head high and be proud!

sex is so over rated anyway, so it's probably best that you are waiting for that special someone. just don't let the pressure get to you and end up doing something you don't want to.
cally
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

me too... all bow down and worship the 18 year old virgins club.
-doll
Report 12 years ago
me too... all bow down and worship the 18 year old virgins club.
hehe, ME TOO!! you're not alone!! gee, i mean loadsa my mates my age (and younger and older) havent done it yet. actually lots of them havent even been out with a guy on a proper date! aww, bless. but yeah, im still a virgin too, and 17 (18 in june)...so all bow down!! we aint givin in to no peer pressure! haha. lol. :rolleyes: :cool: take care. xxx
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Well it's simply personal choice!

Sometimes I don't get all the brew ha ha surrounding virginity or the will to lose it quickly. Good for you if you want to wait for someone!
Nancynance
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a virgin, and I lost my virginity with my school sweetheart. We are still together, and I hope we will stay together. I totally agree with waiting, I was glad I didn't lose it with just anybody. The love makes it so much more special I think. N x
petri dish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pumpkin7)
it's good that you are still a virgin, and proud by the looks of it. just because some other people think it's 'cool' to not be a virgin, it doesn't mean it's right.

hold your head high and be proud!

sex is so over rated anyway, so it's probably best that you are waiting for that special someone. just don't let the pressure get to you and end up doing something you don't want to.
sex isn't over rated, it just depends on your situation, I didn't give into peer pressure, I did it because I was ready and loved the person I was with, it's not all about peer pressure and "being cool", infact some of my friends still now are surprised I have lost my virginity and I'd been with the guy for 3 years..

this isn't having a go at you, I just keep seeing so many people saying "welldone for not going into peer pressure" and saying sex is rubbish and over rated, where really it's one persons experience from another and for one person it can be that, but for another it can be something great

just had to put across another point of view!

and to the OP: if you do meet a guy who runs at the first sign of you being a virgin, he wouldn't really be worth it in the long run, and when you meet that special guy, it won't be a bother to him
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by petri dish)
sex isn't over rated, it just depends on your situation, I didn't give into peer pressure, I did it because I was ready and loved the person I was with, it's not all about peer pressure and "being cool", infact some of my friends still now are surprised I have lost my virginity and I'd been with the guy for 3 years..

this isn't having a go at you, I just keep seeing so many people saying "welldone for not going into peer pressure" and saying sex is rubbish and over rated, where really it's one persons experience from another and for one person it can be that, but for another it can be something great

just had to put across another point of view!

and to the OP: if you do meet a guy who runs at the first sign of you being a virgin, he wouldn't really be worth it in the long run, and when you meet that special guy, it won't be a bother to him
dude, i know it isn't over rated.. :cool:
cally
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pianist)
Ironically you're posting as anonymous :p:

Anyway, I'm a virgin and currently in a nearly 3 year relationship and proud
PROCRASTINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Couldnt resist

Good for you. 3 years is impressive in its own way. Though I think really you'll have to put the praise aside and revise for that 3 hour exam 2morrow. I had it last year. yey and all that. Is it language or Lit you do? I was language, whereas my gf has both (nice 6 hours - yum)
queenofdiamonds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm an 18 year old virgin also, I haven't even kissed a guy. I'm proud to stick to my guns about no sex befor marriage, because Corintinans I 6:9 (or 9:6 I can neve remember) forbids it.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
those who have lots of sex are whores

people like you are saints.. and we need more saints in the world
Handy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bananaboater)
hehe, ME TOO!! you're not alone!! gee, i mean loadsa my mates my age (and younger and older) havent done it yet. actually lots of them havent even been out with a guy on a proper date! aww, bless. but yeah, im still a virgin too, and 17 (18 in june)...so all bow down!! we aint givin in to no peer pressure! haha. lol. :rolleyes: :cool: take care. xxx
Sounds like you are under an awful lot of peer pressure...
cally
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pianist)
3 years procrastinating and proud :p: lol!
I'll do a bit more revision tomorrow since my exam's in the afternoon, unless I happen to wake up late because of lazines... hmm...

I'm doing English Language AQA (evil exam board!) Poor gf, I thought 3 hours was bad enough!
I got 242 last year in english. I didnt like unit 2 at all. 76 in original and 79 in resit. unit 1 got 86 and coursework was fairly high.

Dont get bogged down with theory; it's overrated! that is my advice =)
cally
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by queenofdiamonds)
I'm an 18 year old virgin also, I haven't even kissed a guy. I'm proud to stick to my guns about no sex befor marriage, because Corintinans I 6:9 (or 9:6 I can neve remember) forbids it.
If i had decent postcount you would get rep for knowing this
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Im a 18 YO male virgin, nothing wrong with that.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What is it with all you weirdos being proud to be a virgin? It isn't a particular amazing achievement. In fact, everyone has achieved it. Why take pride in waiting a few years longer than your friends, there is no logical reason why suppressing harmless feelings should warrant you with a frigging medal.

Obviously, it is nothing to be ashamed of either. Only an idiot would be proud of LOSING their virginity. So you found someone willing to get sticky with you, you want a plaque put on the front of your house?

Grow up and get over yourself, losers.
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im a 18 YO male virgin, nothing wrong with that.
If there's nothing wrong with it, why post anonymous:rolleyes:

regards
--marty
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed