Virgin and proud...I think! Watch

x-Ro-x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by queenofdiamonds)
Well, it makes me pretty happy to see that there are still a few hold outs... it seems like society today is sex crazed, that really bothers me sometimes.
Yeh i totally agree. It seems most people out clubbing are really shallow and just looking for one thing which is just sad really and i feel sorry for them. Im glad there are others out there that are still virgins (that havent yet been in a proper relationship) and have shown respect for themselves.
Anonymous #8
Report 12 years ago
I'm 18 in a few months, off to uni in sept and still a virgin. To be honest I don't see what the big deal is. It's your body you can do what you want or don't want with it. I know plenty of people who are virgins, people who lost their virginity to a one night stand and those who lost it to their boyfriends in a loving relationship. But if they're your friends / boyfriend they should respect your choice. I don't get all this "Omg I'm 18 and still a virgin is something wrong with me?!" stuff, there's no preset age by which you have to have lost your virginity, it's a very personal choice, and everyone looks at it in different ways.
I realize the irony of saying this and posting as anonymous, but I'm a very English and a private person hehe
cally
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x-Ro-x)
Yeh i totally agree. It seems most people out clubbing are really shallow and just looking for one thing which is just sad really and i feel sorry for them. Im glad there are others out there that are still virgins (that havent yet been in a proper relationship) and have shown respect for themselves.
I have been in 3 proper relationships (lasting a total of 24 months and couting) and had no sex... so technically i only have half-respect for myself, right? :p:
x-Ro-x
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cally)
I have been in 3 proper relationships (lasting a total of 24 months and couting) and had no sex... so technically i only have half-respect for myself, right? :p:
Hehe, nah i guess you've got even more self respect. I mean people that havent been in a proper loving relationship where they have got to the point where they feel ready i suppose..... hmmm im confusing myself :confused:
Spikerocker
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a girl, I turn eighteen in a matter of weeks, and I'm a virgin. I've had the opportunity to lose it, but I really want to save it until I'm in love. I want it to be really meaningful and special, not just a one night stand or a fling with some guy I barely care about.
Anyway, I always thought it was ok, but I keep getting the same reaction off people if I tell them that I've never had sex. They're like, "What? Really? Why??" and then look really confused when I give my reasons!

Am I weird or something? Is it going to be like this when I start uni? I'm worried that I'll meet a guy, tell him I'm a virgin and he'll be like, see ya!
Well, using your example of situation in uni, 1 of 3 things will happen you will tell him and he will do as you suggest, 2) He will also be a virgin but won't say so as he will want to appear to be understanding or 3) You will have sex with them either because you are drunk, or you feel you have to otherwise he will leave you.

Richx
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a girl, I turn eighteen in a matter of weeks, and I'm a virgin. I've had the opportunity to lose it, but I really want to save it until I'm in love. I want it to be really meaningful and special, not just a one night stand or a fling with some guy I barely care about.
Anyway, I always thought it was ok, but I keep getting the same reaction off people if I tell them that I've never had sex. They're like, "What? Really? Why??" and then look really confused when I give my reasons!

Am I weird or something? Is it going to be like this when I start uni? I'm worried that I'll meet a guy, tell him I'm a virgin and he'll be like, see ya!
Your not wierd, infact most girls or guys who make fun of virgins are the people who deep down wished they waited till they found someone they love, or there just immature ********s.
Ignore people like that and if a guy is like see ya because your a virgin then you should be thankfull because when you find a guy who isn't bothered by it atleast you know hes likely genuine.
you should feel sorry for people who think you have to of had sex by the time you get to uni because there the losers who go around doing what they feel e veryone else wants them to do.
Perhaps i sound a little harsh but its a fact
cally
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dont worry bout it though, most of my friends are virgins too and even those who arent have enough respect not to frown upon me being one. If people dont like it, it's THEIR problem not yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.32%
No - but I will (21)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (186)
48.82%

Watched Threads