Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for you to talk to someone outloud and think
    something in your head (as in talking to yourself in your head) at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Well yes but the words you speak to yourself are much more fluent in your head since you don't have to focus on speech, tone and sometimes even word placement.

In other words the brain records thoughts faster than we can speak them. So it will always be slightly ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Well yes but the words you speak to yourself are much more fluent in your head since you don't have to focus on speech, tone and sometimes even word placement.

In other words the brain records thoughts faster than we can speak them. So it will always be slightly ahead.
    No I mean when you talk to yourself in your head, you cant talk outloud together can you.

ReputationRep:
    It's possible to talk out loud and think at the same time, it depends on the person, some people can and some people can't, I can and Chuck Norris can as well!

(Original post by advice_guru)
    No I mean when you talk to yourself in your head, you cant talk outloud together can you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by advice_guru)
    I actually think you can... - ahh I dunno.. the 'verbal voice' does seem to eclipse the 'mental voice' but it's still present..

Hopefully more people can post and share how they think

ReputationRep:
    I think I can, but it's a really slow process

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.