Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my second year of architecture going into third year in september. I was wondering what options I would have after the 3 years if I did not want to carry on and do the full 7 years.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    stack shelves? like people who have part 2 and some with part 3?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm in my third year of part 1 and have been finding non-architecture job - three years is more than enough to know that one is just not good at something.

To be honest, it has been really, really, really, really difficult to get a non-archi job (not saying it is easy to get an archi one) These are the stuff I applied:

Town planning, they prefer people in RTPI (or something) approved course over architects
    Property developers, don't support non-EU applicants (which I am), but if you are, worth a try
    Real estate, no finance/econ background, really difficult, and not a lot out there.
    Consultancy - do not even go there. straight rejections from everything I applied.

other stuff people go into:
    curating, advertising, research, stage/theatre, filmmaking, computer, etc.

p.s. would appreciate ANY advice for people like us trying to get out of architecture

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.