Jobs for students in London? Watch

This discussion is closed.
heatherelena
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I am moving to London next year to study in a masters program at LSE. First of all, will I have time to hold a job while I study?
And secondly, how difficult is it to find employment in London?

Thanks
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by heatherelena)
I am moving to London next year to study in a masters program at LSE. First of all, will I have time to hold a job while I study?

Thanks
did u get interviewed by LSE? and how is the GMAT test?? which uni was your degree from? and what class?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i doubt it'll be too hard to get a job in London with a masters at LSE.
heatherelena
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
did u get interviewed by LSE? and how is the GMAT test?? which uni was your degree from? and what class?
I was not interviewed by LSE and I did not take the GMAT. My degree would have required the GRE but was waived by the department. Lots of European (and increasingly American) departments view the GREs as unnecessary.
I am graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill, in the States, in May.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you are after a job whilst at uni, you can get a job in the LSE or London Student Union, like in a bar or something. This is what I plan to do when i go to LSE in Oct, i figure if i get a job at beginning of term there will be little competition and i'll get one easily.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Thanks
Your best bet is like mine is enquiring for a day weekend job (saturday & Sundays) on Oxford Street or one of the department shops. This way you can go out at the night and you don't have to come back from work in the dark.
berkeley2001
Report 15 years ago
I was not interviewed by LSE and I did not take the GMAT. My degree would have required the GRE but was waived by the department. Lots of European (and increasingly American) departments view the GREs as unnecessary.
I am graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill, in the States, in May.
I'm from the US too, and will be going to LSE in October. The prospectus makes it sound like work in the students' union is practically guaranteed if you want it. As for having enough time, LSE rules only let you work 15 hours a week anyway (and the visa technically limits you to 20), so you'll probably be able to handle it.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%