Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Over the Easter holidays I've been trying to study everyday. It's safe to say that's not happened!! Some days I'm really motivated and manage to get a few hours work done and then other days I just can't face working and all I want to do is watch tv etc.

My exams are in about a month, and need to sort this out ASAP! Does anyone have any ideas that could help me stay motivated while studying?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem at the moment, it's so frustrating! I just try and do really small chunks of revision (like 20 mins) and then have a 5 minute break or 'reward' yourself for doing a specific thing by having a snack etc. And use an online countdown clock to your first exam

ReputationRep:
    Create a revision timetable,
    Create a playlist of songs you really like which goes on for 1 hour in total,
    When revising listen to it and you'll keep working until the songs are finished, have a break

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem but I find it really helps if I know what my achievements are going towards, so try thinking about the future and planning what you want to do after your exams. If you're doing GCSE then work out what you want to do at A-level and then whether you want to go off to Uni or not, and start thinking about courses etc. If you're a A-level then Uni won't be so far away, so think about courses and start to plan what you want to do and how you will manage everything. This will help you see that this is just the easy part, and I find that having a goal, such as particular grades for a particular Uni course really helps me concentrate because I know I need to in order to get there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.