Hey everyone, ive completed data collection and now im onto doing statistical tests. I was originally going to several tests but switched to doing a MANOVA rather than 5 2 way ANOVAs for convenience. However because of time constraints i cant do a MANOVA as im struggling with alot of its aspects. Ive now reverted back to doing several tests i set out to do, however i cant remember what they are Sicne researching the MANOVA stuff for weeks, ive completely forgtten what tests another than 2 way ANOVAs im supposed to be doing!
I have 2 IVs with 2 levels and 5 DVs.
IV1 = Symptom Imagination (Easy or Hard)
IV2 = Message Framing (Positively or Negatively Framed Messages)
DV1 = Attitudes
DV2 = Behavioural Intentions
DV3 = Perceived Susceptibility
DV4 = Perceived Severity
DV5 = Self Efficacy
The health promotion behaviour in question is Dental hygiene (so things like teeth brushing etc.
The only thing i really have to go on are these aims and research questions:
1. – Recruit participants to take part in an experimental study to explore differences between positive and negative framing for teeth brushing.
2. – To examine the impact of ease of imagination on symptom perceptions by comparing dental health verses coronary health related to teeth brushing
3. – To explore differences in perceived susceptibility for dental risk verses coronary risk related to teeth brushing and any relationships between message framing, ease of symptom imagination on perceptions of susceptibility – multiple regression
4. – To investigate the impact of message framing on self-efficacy for teeth brushing
With these aims in hand, we should be able to answer the following research questions with the current study:
1. Are positively framed messages as suggested by previous research, more effective than negatively framed messages at promoting health prevention behaviours?
2. Are easy to imagine symptoms more effective than difficult to imagine symptoms at promoting health prevention behaviours?
3. Does ease of imagination interact with message framing in relation to health promotion behaviours?
Could anyone please help me in figuring otu what tests im supposed to be doing?
x Turn on thread page Beta
You are Here: Home > Forums >< University and university courses >< Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths university courses >< Psychology
URGENT! Help Choosing Statistical Test! watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by trilink; 12-04-2013 at 17:12. Reason: update
- 12-04-2013 17:09