The Student Room Group

Open to brick uni help please

Hi everyone,

I have studied at the open university this year, but have applied and been accepted into Durham university now, and I am wanting to switch. I got a tuition fee loan from sfe, and the first 2 installments have been paid. The final installment (half of the cost) is due on 1st May. If I drop out of the OU now, will I be liable to pay this still?

Furthermore, will I have any issues swapping over when it comes to applying to sfe for Durham Uni? Or do I just fill the form in as normal and send it off?

It is a full time course with a foundation year at the beginning. According to the sfe calculator, I should get the tuition fees, the maintenance loan and the maintenance grant, as my income when I start will be about £4800 from working a few hours at my current job. I guess I was just looking for some reassurance that switching will be fine and I'll still be eligble for financial support lol.

Can't wait to start! Hope everyone's getting accepted and are happy!
I think SFE allow you one full extra year of tuition fees, in case you need to repeat a year or swap courses - worth double checking though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending