Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for the first time and I need to send my EU Identity card as an evidence. As I have travel arrangements ideally I would just send a copy. Can anyone please confirm that sending an approved copy is just as valid as sending the original. I just don't want anything to slow down my application process. Also, please can I just get an information about who can approve my copy, i.e it needs to be a civil servant, do they need to know me in person? who can I ask to approve a copy of my ID? What do they need to write?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anja99)
    I am applying for the first time and I need to send my EU Identity card as an evidence. As I have travel arrangements ideally I would just send a copy. Can anyone please confirm that sending an approved copy is just as valid as sending the original. I just don't want anything to slow down my application process. Also, please can I just get an information about who can approve my copy, i.e it needs to be a civil servant, do they need to know me in person? who can I ask to approve a copy of my ID? What do they need to write?

Thank you
    You need to send the original - send by registered post.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Anja99)

Thank you
    Hello Anja99, You are free to send the original, but Student Finance do allow you to send certified copies. This would reduce the risk if these get lost en route. Student Finance England say the following:

"When you send evidence these can be certified copies or original documents. A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document which must have been stamped and signed as being a true copy of the original by an official such as, a minister of religion, doctor, lawyer, civil servant,teacher/lecturer or police officer.Each certified copy must be stamped and the person certifying the evidence must not be related to you"

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your help. I am sending my documents today.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.