Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just passed my driving test, i've been insured on my parents car for learning, now ive passed am i not insured anymore or does it rollover? am i still insured? (trying to phone insurance company but they're not answering atm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i just passed my driving test, i've been insured on my parents car for learning, now ive passed am i not insured anymore or does it rollover? am i still insured? (trying to phone insurance company but they're not answering atm)
    As far as I am aware, you were insured as a provisional driver, now you are a fully qualified driver, therefore your insurance is invalid.

Provisional insurance is also usually cheaper than regular, just a heads up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you were ( I assume ) only insured to drive with L plates and with somebody else in the car so you are not insured now that you have passed and are no longer a provisional driver. You will need to be re-insured as a passed driver.

Like DotDotCurve said, it's also much cheaper as you are less of a risk to them because there is always somebody in the car to help you. Now that you are on your own it will cost a lot more.

Well done on passing by the way !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DotDotCurve)
    As far as I am aware, you were insured as a provisional driver, now you are a fully qualified driver, therefore your insurance is invalid.

Provisional insurance is also usually cheaper than regular, just a heads up.

(Original post by Lewis_Jones)
    Yeah you were ( I assume ) only insured to drive with L plates and with somebody else in the car so you are not insured now that you have passed and are no longer a provisional driver. You will need to be re-insured as a passed driver.

Like DotDotCurve said, it's also much cheaper as you are less of a risk to them because there is always somebody in the car to help you. Now that you are on your own it will cost a lot more.

Well done on passing by the way !
    thanks i got a hold of them and upgraded my insurance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.