Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was hoping some of you may be able to offer me your experience or opinions.

I am from the UK and have been working in international development for the past few years. I have decided to move in to journalism and would aim to report on issues surrounding aid, international development and development discourses.

I have been considering courses at City, but am a little unsure about what the best option might be. The International Journalism MA seems like a natural choice considering my interests. However, this course does not cover UK media law and related topics. Although happy to spend time abroad, it is likely that I would spend much of my time in the UK. Can anyone give me any thoughts on how prohibitive not having this background would be?

The other options I have been looking at are the Political Journalism MA and Investigative Journalism MA (also at City). Does anybody have any experience with these courses or the extent to which they may be applicable to international issues?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and hopefully I can return the favour to some of you one day.

All the best,
    Toby

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.