The Student Room Group

Changing course and Extra

Hi, I have used up all my 5 choices on UCAS for all for the same course type and have 4 conditional offers. I am now considering changing to a completely different course and applying to 2 universities and as I have no options to add a course, can I decline 4 of the courses I have so I am left with 1 course just in case, or do I have to decline all 5 of them?

I understand this may be risky as I may not be left with any course but is there another way around etc? I am just confused and need to see what the options are.

Thanks in advance. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Adz_
Hi, I have used up all my 5 choices on UCAS for all for the same course type and have 4 conditional offers. I am now considering changing to a completely different course and applying to 2 universities and as I have no options to add a course, can I decline 4 of the courses I have so I am left with 1 course just in case, or do I have to decline all 5 of them?

I understand this may be risky as I may not be left with any course but is there another way around etc? I am just confused and need to see what the options are.

What course is it?
Reply 2
I have applied for Computing but would like to change to Accounting and Finance to 2 universities I haven't applied to.
Reply 3
Original post by Adz_

You have to decline all 5 and you only get one choice at a time. You can't re-write your personal statement on UCAS either so if you change your course completely you need to ask the uni if they want a personal statement and send it seperately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ok, so if I decline the offers, is that the end of them and my place gone?
Reply 5
Yep unfortunately. But if you apply for a course they should get back to you asap, and i think if within 21 days you get no response you can apply again somewhere else.

And if you get rejected, you can apply again, and this goes on until around June?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ok thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending