Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    You've just found out that you're to inherit a massive £4 billion fortune from a previously unknown long-lost relative who has just died. The fortune is to be passed down to the next of kin and you are that person.

What do you do now? What do you do with the money?

An actual real life story:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hungarian Cave Brothers inherit billions

A pair of homeless brothers living in a Budapest cave have hit the jackpot after a long-lost German heiress passed away and left them a £4 billion fortune.

Zsolt and Geza Peladi – and a sister who lives in the US – are each to receive a share of a £4billion inheritance.

The broke brothers have eked out a living selling scrap for pennies but are now on the verge of inheriting their grandmother’s fortune.

Their maternal grandmother died recently in Germany, entitling the pair to a share of her estate.

‘We knew our mother came from a wealthy family but she was a difficult person and severed ties with them.

She later abandoned us and we lost touch with her and our father until she eventually died,’ said 43-year-old Geza.

‘If this all works out it will certainly make up for the life we have had until now – all we really had was each other. No women would look at us, living in a cave. But with money maybe we can find a partner – and finally have a normal life.’

Details of the wealthy grandmother have been kept secret to deter fraudsters.
    Zsolt And Geza Peladi, Cavemen Brothers, To Inherit Billions

ReputationRep:
    Give some, keep some and spend a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    start up a company, make more and give some to family, friends and charities. Or directly buy so the government can't take any.

ReputationRep:
    Invest in Greece, Portugal and Italy.

ReputationRep:
    make myself and my family very comfortable, give some to charity, probably go on a world tour.

ReputationRep:
    put it in Laiki Bank Nicosia

ReputationRep:
    go to Disney Land Florida and just go crazy at Disney Land.

ReputationRep:
    Buy multiple houses, cars
    Give £500mil to charity, put £500mil in an account not to be touched
    Go around the world for a couple of years chilling and visiting the sights
    Play high-stakes poker part time (Put like £50mil aside for the project which if I lost, oh well lulz)
    Get bored and start to work on ways to invest the money.. small companies, stocks etc..

EDIT: Oh, also buy Man United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Invest in Greece, Portugal and Italy.
    It would have been better had you said "Buy Greece, Portugal and Italy", because then I would have been able to say "Then what will you do with the remaining £3,999,999,997?" :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Make sure my family is well looked after, donate to some charities, put some money into bank, see the world.

ReputationRep:
    If they contact you via email from Nigeria and that relative is a prince, decline.

ReputationRep:
    1. Open ten bank accounts with reasonably secure looking banks and deposit £85,000 in each.
    2. Buy a nice house in Central London and Manchester
    3. Switch degrees and/or University.
    4. Put the rest in 3 year bonds so I have some thinking time before I can use it (living well off the interest)

ReputationRep:
    stop revising.

ReputationRep:
    Pay off the mortgage, keep ~£20m in a bank account for any future needs, and give the rest to charity.

ReputationRep:
    splash out on a Tesco Finest £10 meal deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    splash out on a Tesco Finest £10 meal deal
    Marks and Sparks £10 meal deal is miles nicer....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Marks and Sparks £10 meal deal is miles nicer....
    hmmm i would disagree... the M&S wine is worse than Tesco for one thing. Tesco's desserts are not very interesting; i normally go for the cheese if it is available.

ReputationRep:
    I will build a lot of houses and make a charity for homeless people. I will help my mum pay for everything that she needs to look after my younger brother, who is disabled and who isn't receiving enough care from the NHS due to budget cuts. I will donate most of the rest to the improvement of key areas in science (mostly developing new technologies for clean water in poor areas, green energy, and genetics research that I think has potential to cure a lot of diseases), and keep a couple hundred millions as an insurance for the upkeep of everything I created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Pay off the mortgage, keep ~£20m in a bank account for any future needs, and give the rest to charity.
    That would be one seriously lucky charity.

Half a billion spent in marginal seats would see off the Tories permanently. Cameron would have to try to get a job in PR again, but I would pay all PR companies not to hire him. He would end up as a hotel porter or something similar.

I would pay to get Kim Kardashian removed from all monthly, weekly and daily publications, plus her various relatives, in perpetuity.

One Direction would be retired and pensioned off and Harry would only have his hair to worry about henceforth.

Benedict Cumberbatch would come back to make another complete Sherlock. I would be the only one who could afford him.

TSR would be decked in pink and lilac.

My own special offshore island, 'FullofSurprisia' (somewhere in the Bahamas) would be declared a 'non tax-haven island', only suitable for those who pay their taxes in full.

I would have a really good massage once a week.

EDIT: Am I being negged because I said TSR would be in pink? I am willing to change that to cerise.

ReputationRep:
    Well, with that kind of money I wouldnt worry about investing it, couldnt spend it all even if i tried to. Would basically do whatever the **** I want to do when I want to do it. I wouldnt donate any money to a charity, I would rather go to places such as parts of Africa and India and spend money myself to help others. Other than that, my driveway would be looking something like this
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3933
Size:  88.8 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.