Report Thread starter 12 years ago
what do u recommend?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Any but Merlot! My favourite cheapish one is JP Chenet. It comes in a wonky bottle
RAYPLETTS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm looking at spending between 15 and 65
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RAYPLETTS)
Oddly broad price range isn't it? I'm more into whisky and cognac nowadays and wouldn't want to spend over £30 on a red wine really. I'm more inclined towards champagne if going for that price range. What's the occasion?

Last red wine I bought for a present was £20 2000 California Rocking Horse Zinfandel. It was rather good, raspberry, strawberry, oak and spicey tastes, but a bit too strong for my approval at 14.5% or so though. I prefer Italian wines like Barolo and Valpolicella.

If it's for yourself why don't you go wine tasting and find out what you like? Better than asking on an internet forum most certainly, we all have our own tastes.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's a bit out of my price range. I think spending over £3 is extravagant!
lskdgjsj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what do u recommend?
This is virtually impossible to answer. It rather depends what sort of wine you want: what's it for? what will it be served with? do you like light, medium, or full bodied wines? do you have a grape variety preference? what about age? alcohol content? fruitiness? composition?

I suggest you take a look at: http://www.superplonk.com/home/home.asp.

The best thing to do is go to a decent wine merchant, who specializes in better wines, and ask for recommendations, and perhaps to try some of the wines first.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can't got wrong with a nice chateauneuf du pape. if you're going to spend up to £65 and don't know too much about wine (i'm guessing), then there's not much point as it will be hard to appreicate the actual difference in quality. for £15 you should be able to get a very very good wine anyway. between £15 and £34 for a decent chateauneuf.
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what do u recommend?
White wine or rose wine lol. I absolutely hate red wine, sorry.:puke:
deedee8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what do u recommend?
no more than a bottle a day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads