Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so this year I had agreed with some friends to live out and we spent the first 5 or so months looking for a house but we fell out and it fell through. I have just again naively done nothing about the situation of telling student finance as I didn't see it as a big deal but now I am worrying that this can be seen as fraud. I always try to be an honest and hate that I might have unrightfully taken more money and worried that this is seen as serious so I changed the application for this year online.

I am now unsure of what to do next or how this will be seen by sf - should I phone and explain? Or do I wait and see now that I've changed it online? I feel quite scared from this honest mistake/ but it definitely wasn't my intention to get more money than I deserved. Are they usually forgiving with this kind of thing? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you're living at home and told them you'd be living out then you need to tell them so you can get the right amount of loan/grant.

If you've told them you're living out and are still living out then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    If you're living at home and told them you'd be living out then you need to tell them so you can get the right amount of loan/grant.

If you've told them you're living out and are still living out then you should be fine
    Hi i'm talking about my 12/13 application In 2012 I was filling it out and wasn't sure if I was living away or not so I just put living away but later the circumstances meant that i had to live at home! hope its clearer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tk239)
    Hi i'm talking about my 12/13 application In 2012 I was filling it out and wasn't sure if I was living away or not so I just put living away but later the circumstances meant that i had to live at home! hope its clearer
    Ahh I see. If they've paid you more than they should have done and find out, they'll ask for it back.

Speak to your SU for advice about it, they'll be able to help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.