Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This may sound like a silly question but I would like to see how i should be doing it.

So we have been asked to do a report to go along with our presentation, so this isn't obviously the same as an essay, right? For one of my group presentations we did set it out like a mini essay really, just not as many words, and nobody said anything, we got a decent grade (although that was for presentation and report, not entirely sure how much the report was worth)

So how exactly should i be setting it out? Just like a essay? I looked at some guides online one at least showed i should use sub-headings but I'm not too sure?

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Natasha,

What year of study is this for? There is no universal standard as to what is expected from a report that goes with a presentation. Some lecturers are happy with a transcript, some expect an essay, some have other ideas in mind. Generally speaking your lecturer should tell you what they expect, and if they don't I'd imagine that what they are looking for is, as you quite rightly said, an essay of sorts. I've marked a fair few assignments like this for Marketing-based modules, and what we have expected students to produce is a slightly more detailed version of the presentation.

When I say slightly more detailed, I mainly mean that it will be more thoroughly referenced, and depending on the time restrictions on your presentation, I might expect a slightly deeper level of engagement with key topics as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.