Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is buying a MacBook Pro really worth it? If so, any ideas about when to buy i.e portentously new models soon? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm going to get hate for this but I love them. But it depends what your using it for, whether that money is worth it.

Also have you considered MacBook Air? In my opinion they are better than standard MBP, but if you want to splash out then the Retina's are amazing.

As I sell apple products for CurrysPCWorld, they actually made me sign an agreement not to talk about rumours about future products, but just between you and me (-wink-wink-) I think it's unlikely there will be a big change. MB Air doesn't have any obvious upgrades to make, and they new rMBP were a big release. Also apple is apparently really busy with iOS 7.

Buy now! There prices don't really change all that much, and if you are a student you get discount, or if your worried about money then there are finance options available.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/paymen...858-theme.html

Feel free to ask q'ions. I'm supposed to be an Apple Product Professional, so I should know my stuff :P

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Best thing you'll buy. Personally, don't think retina is worth the extra money, unless you can easily afford it, then go for it. If I could, I probably would too.
    Personal opinion, don't like Airs. Hard drive too small and they're too much like a netbook for me.
    I love my Pro, I have a late 2011 one and I bought it in Spring 2012. Hoping it'll last me at least another 3 years which I'm sure it will!

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money go for it.

But if you don't then you can get a similar spec Windows laptop and a used Mercedes Benz S Class for the same amount of money...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.