Wisdom teeth Watch

rockthecasbah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The title really should be wisdom 'tooth', but anyway...
One is starting to come through. Great timing with my exams and all! I've booked a dentist appointment for next Tuesday, but now I'm worried that it will get more and more painful as the week goes on. It's worth noting that practically all my exams are this week, I only have weds off. And 5 hours of exams on Friday.
From your experience, does the pain get alot worse if you leave it? It does sorta hurt now, but I guess it's bearable at the moment. I know it's different in every case but any advice would be good!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Clove oil! That will make the pain go away
rockthecasbah
Rep:
?
Do you mean drink the oil or like... chew on dry cloves sorry for sounding stupid lol.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rockthecasbah)
Do you mean drink the oil or like... chew on dry cloves sorry for sounding stupid lol.
Neither. Go to a pharmacy (or supermarkets sell it) and look for clove oil. Mine came in a bright yellow box from morrisons. Then it's either a liquid or a gel, which you dab on a cotton bud and then rub on the hurty bit, trying really hard not to get it on your tongue. It does taste vile, and if you get it on your lips or anywhere it will make it go numb. But it's the best thing ever for getting rid of the pain
rockthecasbah
Rep:
?
Oh wow thanks for the advice!
mbm1087
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Happened to me last year- it hurt the most at the beginning, right as the tooth was poking through. With me, it stopped hurting after a bit. I took some advil for it, but that was about all. Seeing a dentist soon is a good idea, though, and good luck on your exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads