Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys D: I've been trying for quite a while now to apply for student finance, but every single time I try to submit it tells me;

Unfortunately there has been a problem with your application, please use the 'Continue' button to return to your previous page to check the data that you have entered and try again. If this problem persists then please log out and try again later.

It says that my mother's income page is incomplete, yet I've completed every single box. I tried doing this on both firefox and internet explorer and no matter what I've done it will not work. I've tried calling up but they told me to do a paper application, but I'm worried by the time I send it off and complete it they won't process it in time, or that it won't even reach them D: I also heard that if you don't do student finance in time then you have to start your university course a term late... Is that true? D:

If anyone who knows why this is happening T^T It would be really appreciated if they could help.

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azuria)
    Hey guys D: I've been trying for quite a while now to apply for student finance, but every single time I try to submit it tells me;

Unfortunately there has been a problem with your application, please use the 'Continue' button to return to your previous page to check the data that you have entered and try again. If this problem persists then please log out and try again later.

It says that my mother's income page is incomplete, yet I've completed every single box. I tried doing this on both firefox and internet explorer and no matter what I've done it will not work. I've tried calling up but they told me to do a paper application, but I'm worried by the time I send it off and complete it they won't process it in time, or that it won't even reach them D: I also heard that if you don't do student finance in time then you have to start your university course a term late... Is that true? D:

If anyone who knows why this is happening T^T It would be really appreciated if they could help.

Thank you in advance!
    You can print off the paper form from the website. I'd recommend doing that and sending it in along with your evidence.

You have until May 31st to apply for finance. If you apply late it doesn't mean you have to start uni a semester later, but it does mean that you won't get your money at the beginning of term, which will be a major issue if you're not living at home.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was so scared I'd have to try to catch up on my own >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    You can print off the paper form from the website. I'd recommend doing that and sending it in along with your evidence.

You have until May 31st to apply for finance. If you apply late it doesn't mean you have to start uni a semester later, but it does mean that you won't get your money at the beginning of term, which will be a major issue if you're not living at home.
    I'm probably being really blind but please could you link me to the paper form? I've tried finding it but can't find it any where!

I have been having the same error repeatedly & they just told me to try again later but I've been trying repeatedly for over a month now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily27x)
    I'm probably being really blind but please could you link me to the paper form? I've tried finding it but can't find it any where!

I have been having the same error repeatedly & they just told me to try again later but I've been trying repeatedly for over a month now..
    http://sfengland.slc.co.uk/forms

You need to click on the 'PN1 Application 2013/14' one... Tons of people in my school had to send paper forms out :[

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I already started an online application and have come with some problems. I was wondering whether I can just leave my online application and fill in a paper application and send it to Student Finance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tackla)
    Hey guys, I already started an online application and have come with some problems. I was wondering whether I can just leave my online application and fill in a paper application and send it to Student Finance?
    Yes, stick a first class stamp on it and it should have plenty time to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Yes, stick a first class stamp on it and it should have plenty time to get there.
    Haha! Thank you, I just felt worried about leaving my online application incomplete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azuria)
    http://sfengland.slc.co.uk/forms

You need to click on the 'PN1 Application 2013/14' one... Tons of people in my school had to send paper forms out :[
    Thank you!!

It's rubbish! When I heard people previously complain about student finance I just thought they were exaggerating but now I understand!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.