The Student Room Group

Questions on the MS for (HIS4X)- Historical Inquiry

Hi everyone
For I have the generic mark scheme for the historical inquiry and have some questions about getting the higher marks. I'm doing the causes of the French Revolution if that's any help :smile:
Firstly in AO2(b)- assess the relative merits of differing interpretations. I don't understand how to do this if i have a like a historians view/quote do i have to say whats good/bad about his judgement, thing is we havent been told we have to do that. If so is it something to in the evaluation or have a separate paragraph in the essay??
AO1(b)- consistent analytical approach. I kinda get this but just to confirm does mean like judging evidence at the end of each para relating it back to the question/hypothesis??
AO1(b)- material will be wide ranging. How many sources do you reckon this means and i'm mainly using historians books such as Labousse and Lefebvre instead of websites is that alright??
AO1(a)- good style of writing and good ability with complex material. How do they expect you to show good ability with complex material is it like taking apart a historians opinion and disproving it or maniputlating evidence??

How's everyone else finding this unit. I'm finding it harder than originally thought it would be to be honest.

I know that may be a lot :P but thanks in advance to everyone :smile:
Hey, i might be able to answer a few!
First for "AO1(b)- material will be wide ranging." I presume that rather than just using internet sources and wiki you would use a variety of books, magazines (History Today) and journals that would either give a overview or in-depth analysis of a topic.
For "AO1(a)- good style of writing and good ability with complex material." Again this would must likely depend on the range of material you used, instead of just using basic books you could use publications of specific historians, in this case you would most likely have to ensure that the information is precisely to the point. This probably sounds harder than it is but i think its just contextualising the information in front of you then integrating the historical opinion into this view.
Number of sources; I put that I had 11 however of course you may have only used 6, but for mine some where videos and other oddities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending