Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR!

I am currently half way through my Gap Year. I've been working as a librarian for 6 months, yet I've also cycled across Southern Britain, gone to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, volunteered teaching English in Costa Rica for a month and spent a week in Canada sightseeing the Niagara Falls. I've also written a book and learnt Spanish, passed my driving test and I'm in training to become a radio presenter -

However! I am now back, in my room, in my tiny village of Sussex, and I am so bored! I never really thought to plan after the whole Costa Rica thing which I came back from about 3 weeks ago.

Although it appears like I have done a lot in my gap year, I have simply got nothing to do from April until September until I go to Uni and this thought scares me greatly. Like, it's actually pretty depressing, ever since I've come back from Costa Rica I've had the blues and I just want to get back to doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

I've got about £700 in my bank, but I'm not sure what to do, where to go, whether to stay at home and work or volunteer or go abroad or whatever. I want to become a teacher after my degree - is it easy to get work experience, like in my old school?

If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failtrip)

I've got about £700 in my bank, but I'm not sure what to do, where to go, whether to stay at home and work or volunteer or go abroad or whatever. I want to become a teacher after my degree - is it easy to get work experience, like in my old school?

If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated .
    I have an idea (where to write a letter and what to ask for). But only if you are worth person. In such a way, it would be nice to Skype and see you in details. I don't trust to strangers, and Skype improves relations.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get a job to fund a teaching volunteer project abroad, this will give you work experience which will be a start

ReputationRep:
    Because of the dates it ounds like the perfect opportunity to work for a camp in america. I did it and it was an amazing experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seafairy)
    Because of the dates it ounds like the perfect opportunity to work for a camp in america. I did it and it was an amazing experience
    That would be true but unfortunately Camp America have stopped accepting applications for summer 2013.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.