Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this is a duplicate question, but most of the previous threads I found were a bit outdated.

I'm applying for Student Finance for the first time ever, hoping to start university this September. Can anyone tell me how long their declarations for SF took to arrive initially? They confirmed by e-mail that they'd received my online application on the 14th February, so it's been nearly 2 months since they said they'd sent a declaration for me to sign and send back, but I've had nothing. I've tried calling a few times and have had no answer or been cut off, so I thought someone here might be able to help.

Any advice would be helpful, I'm about to enter panic mode.

Thank you :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memmabaker)
    Apologies if this is a duplicate question, but most of the previous threads I found were a bit outdated.

I'm applying for Student Finance for the first time ever, hoping to start university this September. Can anyone tell me how long their declarations for SF took to arrive initially? They confirmed by e-mail that they'd received my online application on the 14th February, so it's been nearly 2 months since they said they'd sent a declaration for me to sign and send back, but I've had nothing. I've tried calling a few times and have had no answer or been cut off, so I thought someone here might be able to help.

Any advice would be helpful, I'm about to enter panic mode.

Thank you :3
    Log in to your online account, and click on correspondence. It'll tell you when they send the declaration to you. You are also able to view and print the correspondence too so, if it says it's been sent, you can print it from your computer, sign it, and send it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Log in to your online account, and click on correspondence. It'll tell you when they send the declaration to you. You are also able to view and print the correspondence too so, if it says it's been sent, you can print it from your computer, sign it, and send it.
    I checked and it hadn't said it had been sent. But I finally got through to them and they confirmed that for some reason it hadn't been sent to me. Apparently this is happening to about 1/5 students this year for some reason. I found the best time to ring was dead on 9am on Saturday morning, haha. Thanks very much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I checked and it hadn't said it had been sent. But I finally got through to them and they confirmed that for some reason it hadn't been sent to me. Apparently this is happening to about 1/5 students this year for some reason. I found the best time to ring was dead on 9am on Saturday morning, haha. Thanks very much for your help!
    i have been having the same problem as you where the application says its been sent but i have had no correspondence, i have spoken to them and they said they would sort it but thats the second time ive had to chase them up about it. has yours arrived now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipps)
    i have been having the same problem as you where the application says its been sent but i have had no correspondence, i have spoken to them and they said they would sort it but thats the second time ive had to chase them up about it. has yours arrived now?
    It arrived after another few weeks, but if yours hasn't yet, you could check in the correspondence and see if you can print out your own?

ReputationRep:
    It arrived after another few weeks, but if yours hasn't yet, you could check in the correspondence and see if you can print out your own?
    hey where in the actual correspondence sction does t say when you declaration be sent, might sound a bit dumb but i have no clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charelle Rankin)
    hey where in the actual correspondence sction does t say when you declaration be sent, might sound a bit dumb but i have no clue
    Once you've clicked on "view correspondence" a page should come up with like a table in it, then you should see a row saying "Notification of Entitlement Letter" and it to right right, it should give you a link to a GIF where you can open it and save it. If you can't see that, they might not have sent it yet and you should chase it up! It took over two months for them to sort mine out, so don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a deadline to send the declaration to be sent back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satta101)
    Is there a deadline to send the declaration to be sent back?
    I'm honestly not sure if there is it'll probably be on the student finance FAQ. I don't think the deadline is any time soon, it's probably more likely to be like mid-late July, but I'd suggest trying to send it back as soon as you can anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.