OMGZ THE CREATURES OF THE UNDEAD SOCIETY IS HERE (nearly) Watch

Vampyrcorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
They're everywhere.... wherever you look a vampire may be there.... BE WARNED I WARN YOU NOW the time is upon us to learn how to protect youselves against these deceptively beautiful creatures.

Protection against vampires

1. Garlic (in all forms).
2. Holy water.
3. Crucifix (a plain cross will not do it - there must be a replica of Jesus' corpse for it to work properly). Just wave it around a bit.
4. Wooden (ash or aspen traditionally) Stake through the heart. This is both fun and effective!!
5. Fire: Fire bad. Vampires don't like. Burning the body of a vampire is an effective method of destroying it. However, the vampire must be thoroughly burned to ashes or it will eventually heal itself and return for bitter vengeance. The best method is when the vampire's head and heart had been removed first before the corpse is burned.
6. Silver. (usually associated with bullets and werewolves, I know, but they aren't bad as a last resort).
7. Beheading. (works on normal people too.)

NB: be careful about the myth of sunlight. The idea that sunlight will evaporate a vampire into dust is nothing but a contemporary myth. So, before you start to whip out your pocket sun, remember - it may not work. Although they won't particularly like it.

Know thy enemy vampire:
Pale Skin (due to no blood circulating)
Supernatural Strength
Supernatural Powers (eg can turn into bats)
Supernatural Senses
A thirst for blood.
Fangs
Aversion to Sunlight
Immortality (but remember it is still possible to kill them).

http://www.emmadavies.net/vampire/

Protection against Lycanthropes

Lycanthropy is the term used to describe the practice of Werewolfery.

1. Silver Bullet.
2. Any wound which destroys the heart or brain.

Know thy enemy Werewolf:

hairy palms (werewolves often shave their palms leaving them rough so rough palms are also considered to be a sign.)

Having a left thumbnail that is left uncut as to resemble a claw.

Wearing tattoos, particularly that of a crescent moon.

In human form, a werewolf usually has slanted eyebrows that meet at the bridge of the nose.

A werewolf has an unusually long third finger on each hand.

Werewolves always have to sleep with their jaws open . Once their jaws are closed, it difficult to unclench them.

Other symptons: increasing violence, increasing aggression, unprovoked rages, insomnia, restlessness, and other bizarre behavior. Unfortunately, over time these symptoms can be brought under control, so do not rely on them exclusively.

There are many ways to free someone from the curse of lycanthropy. These are some of my favourites:

1. Hit the werewolf on the head three times with a knife.
2. Rub the werewolf's nostrils with opium before bed.
3. Some plants and ingredients: Wormwood, Thyme, Acrid vinegar.
4. Flog the Werewolf
5. Roll the Werewolf in the dew
6. Purge the Werewolf’s colon and encourage vomiting
7. Cut off his penis.

(if you need more information on specific potions feel free to PM me.)

Zombies

Consider these rather worrying facts:
Ninety-five percent of Englishmen live within two miles of a cemetery or mortuary
Some of us students use and value our brains -- the natural food of zombies
90% of zombie related fatalities occur in the home.

There are very few methods of protection against Zombies that have been proved effective.

But you know what they say - "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!". The time may be upon us to infact become creatures of the undead ouselves. If you have any chat-up lines that might be appropriate for a vampire/werewolf/zombie/ghost, then please post below.

In addition, if you are worried that you may infact be a creature of the undead already and wish to share your experiences with the board, then please do. The more gruesome the better. I have already experimented with drinking my friend's blood - it's actually rather enjoyable. Don't worry she wasn't hurt.

If you think you might be interested in joining this society then please state your name below. God bless and keep you safe from harm.
sophisti_kate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh dear.
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophisti_kate)
Oh dear.
That took me hours there's no need to be mean. :argh:

Btw - if I were a Zombie, Oxford students would be my brain of choice.
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
awww you're mean! don't go scaring yo-less like that! :p:
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by explosionsinthesky)
That took me hours there's no need to be mean. :argh:

Btw - if I were a Zombie, Oxford students would be my brain of choice.
*shoots with silver bullet*

Edit: I know that is for vampires, but nothing against zombies is specified.
dementedbunny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'd definitely like to join your society. i worry about that kind of thing a lot. i'm convinced my mother is a vampire. she takes weekly blood samples. i woudln't want to kill her though because you know, she's my mum and stuff. i guess i'll roll her around in some dew. perhaps that will help.
who's yo-less?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dementedbunny)
i'd definitely like to join your society. i worry about that kind of thing a lot. i'm convinced my mother is a vampire. she takes weekly blood samples. i woudln't want to kill her though because you know, she's my mum and stuff. i guess i'll roll her around in some dew. perhaps that will help.
who's yo-less?
yo-less

She claims to be a vampire :cool:
sarax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sophisti_kate)
Oh dear.
that's not very nice is it? why would you come on a creatures of the undead society knowing what it would be about then be all condescending.

now I know that the op has given us lots of ways to protect ourselves against creatures of the undead, but does that mean she's anti-creatures of the undead, i hope not. I want to join the creatures of the undead society but only if I can be promised that we will have a policy of tolerance

sara

xxx
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Holy water.
i've never understood this...
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
beautiful creatures.
Somebody obviously missed Gary Oldman in Coppola's version of Dracula.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I read Stephen King's Salem's Lot recently. That's about vampires.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mint band.
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Friggerpants)
Mint band.
yeah, very popular within the undead community.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Woops! * Scrambles to switch off "A poor mans memory" *

****, too late!
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by heminder)
i've never understood this...
Okay, so about holy water....

It's because it's religious that it can be used to combat vampires. Holy Water is plain water (although it may contain salt) that was been blessed by a preacher or religious holy man. The same can be done with wine, the wine symbolizing the blood of Christ. When holy water is cast onto the vampires skin it burns like acid leaving fleshy burns and causing extreme pain, so I hear.

It's for the same reason that water is used in baptism, it is believed to combat anything that could be associated with the devil since water has purification qualities - hence why the Catholic Church used it during the Medieval and Renaissance periods. Holy water was sprinkled on homes to drive away evil spirits, as well as being splashed on farm animals to protect them from bewitchment, and on crops to promote fertility and protect them from witches.
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?

****, too late!

Oh deary me!! Are you okay? Maybe you should pop round to the music section of the forum and take a look.
Ichimaru Gin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think a silver dagger would work superbly in accompany to an old silver magnum... If you need more, try a ******* sword to just try to win by brute force, that could sometimes help you against zombies... But truthfully speaking, the best way is to seek resorts from experts like us on different scenarios, as unholy creatures varies domestically... Also beware of witches walking around Earth these days, sometimes it's hard to tell friend or foe between mankind and witches, so please just don't meddle in the affair of us witches and you would be fine... We are just two parallel worlds...
dementedbunny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Somebody obviously missed Gary Oldman in Coppola's version of Dracula.
possibly because the op is referring to real ones, not the stereotypical vampire *******ised by hollywood?
dementedbunny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

****, too late!
if you like eits, there's a pending eits society.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=231830
ta daa!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I expected better of somone with a username like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads