Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you get for your 18th birthday? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to ask for. There is nothing I 'need'.

So, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I got £20 of petrol from my parents and a couple of bits of jewellery from friends. My family are poor, so that was quite a lot. I ended up selling my car and using the £20 for a secondhand jacket for the winter and the car money for uni savings. The jacket is still going strong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smashed.

ReputationRep:
    I went on an overnight stay in London to see a show with some friends

ReputationRep:
    A ring which was pretty much off my entire family, everyone it my family has a commemorative piece of jewellery for their eighteenth. Friends bought me alcohol (not much of a drinker and I still have most of it 3 months later), clothes, and chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    a weeked in london the rest was mostly money, booze and jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    Party-wise, I was going to have a house party (therefore, free) but all of my friends cancelled the day before so I just went and got a milkshake from caffe Nero on my own :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A car.

Never actually received it though

I did get cufflinks

ReputationRep:
    A silver bracelet
    an iPhone (which I literally only use for Temple Run)
    Grandma bought me some pearl earrings
    books, books, books and, um, more books...

ReputationRep:
    A toblerone

ReputationRep:
    I got jack squat.

ReputationRep:
    Meal in town with my first legal cider, nom.

ReputationRep:
    I got a swarowski necklace which I can in the end give my children. I really appreciate it as my family arent the most rich.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB526

ReputationRep:
    I got money from all of the family - came to a handsome amount by my standards (which isn't exactly a lot by other people's standards and my parents aren't rich). It's still sitting in my account (thankfully). From my friends (mostly girls) I just got cards (including a Transformers card and also a Princess Cinderella card - hilarious! ), and one girl got me a bunch of things that was supposed to remind me of my childhood - i.e. power rangers stuff and toy aeroplanes etc. which I absolutely loved!

ReputationRep:
    Bottle o' champagne and a laptop.

Laptop

ReputationRep:
    Herpes

A holiday to New York, Seattle and Vancouver

ReputationRep:
    I got £400 from my parents. I didn't really want anything at the time so asked for money and saved it till I wanted something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    Herpes
    Did you not explain you weren't their toothbrush? :teehee:

I don't really remember my 18th. Which is bad considering I'm 19 now. I went for a meal with the family one night I believe then spent the weekend getting hideously drunk.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.