Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I have a huge problem and it looks like I need to change the course to study what I'm really interested in. I applied for English and Russian and I got an oofer, but the title misled me and instead of English language I realised it is English literature
    when I visisted the Uni I was given a list of modules for English Language! only few days ago when I emailed them once again for an updated modules list I realised it is English lit. I rang uni and different people, I emailed them few times, but they give me new numbers and names to contact. I have no idea what to do... Anyone had similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is possible. You need to contact the people in charge of the admissions for the new course you want, explain your situation to them and ask if they can consider you for entry. You'll need to give them your details and any information they want.

They aren't obliged to give your application any consideration so it'll be entirely dependent on the admissions tutor and whether or not they want you. Was Sheffield going to be your firm? If so this is something you might want to mention. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you,
    they have now changed the course for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.