Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind me, it's just a thread for me to keep track of what's going on with myself.
    Goal 1 of a size 12-14 by June 15th.
    Goal 2 of a size 12 by September 20th
    Both are definitely doable.
    Missed recording day 1

Day 2

Dress size: 14-16

Exercise:
    30 minute interval jog (1min30 jogging, 1min30 walking)
    100 sit ups
    10 minutes learning "Single Ladies dance"

Food:

Breakfast- Golden Syrup Porridge 185 calories

Lunch- Hot 'n' Spicy chicken salad 165 calories

Dinner- Tomato light chicken breasts in
    tomato sauce and peas 246 calories

Snacks:
    Yoghurt 113 calories
    Go Ahead Bar 150 calories
    2 Mini Pitta Bread and Piri Piri hummus 144 calories
    Kellogg's Biscuit Moments 98 calories

Drinks
    3x Water 0 calories
    2x Green Tea 0 calories
    1x Cranberry Juice 115 calories

Total calories: 1,216

Notes: Today was pretty good. Craved bad food a little bit, but it wasn't too bad, and was to be expected on only day 2. Could probably have a few more calories, so will probably have some fruit and a packet of sunbites if I get hungry later. Should probably have more savoury snacks, as intaking maybe a bit too much sugar, so need to eliminate sweet tooth. Also need to gradually have less snacks to eliminate snacking problem. More calories from meals. More fruit required in diet. More water. Have bread tomorrow?

Exercise was okay. Running was not as difficult as yesterday Probably helps that boyfriend came with me running. Stomach muscles ache, which is a good thing. Try the pattern I did again tomorrow.
    DO NOT EAT IN BEDROOM :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

Day 3

Exercise

20 minutes cardio

Breakfast:

Peanut Butter on Brown Bread and a few slices of Mango. 322 Calories

Lunch:

Small Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayo 171 Calories

Dinner:

Salmon in Sweet Chilli Sauce with 438 Calories
    New Potatoes and Salad

Snacks:
    Go Ahead Forest Fruit 150 Calories
    Kellogg's Biscuit Moments 98 Calories
    Sun Bites 120 Calories
    Tinned Peaches 89 Calories
    1 Dark Ferrero Rocher 60 Calories
    Some weird cake with no butter or sugar 250 calories

Drinks with calories:

Cranberry Juice 115 Calories

Total: 1698

Notes: Went over calories a little bit. Probably could have done without that gross cake. Must be more strict tomorrow.
    Would have gone one run, but both me and boyfriend were too tired, so 20 minutes of general cardio (running on the spot, sit ups) was done (was so sweaty by the end D Must go on run tomorrow and get plenty of sleep tonight.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Subbing

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Subbing

Best of luck!
    Thank you!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    Thank you!
    I notice you said that you were too tired to go running. There's an app called Nike gaining club where it has some really good cardio videos that you can do :yep:

ReputationRep:
    MyFitnessPal blocked my account because someone found out I was under 18.
    So unfair, I'll be 18 so soon and I've lost years of data, actually.
    I'll have to use packets and other websites for working out all calorie business.
    So upset.

ReputationRep:
    Day 4

Have a bug today!
    Upset stomach meant that nothing was eaten.
    Was also stuck in bed, so no exercise was done.

Drinks

Water x3 0 Calories
    One bottle of Lucozade 350 calories

Hopefully something can be eaten tomorrow, but we'll have to see.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to pause the diet due to my stomach bug, but now I'm better I can continue.

Day 5

Excercise: No exercise due to need to catch up work and still slightly recovering from illness, but tomorrow will need exercise.

Food:

Breakfast:

Belvita Milk And Cereal Biscuits- 224
    Quaker Oats, Golden Syrup- 216

Lunch

Herta Jumbo Frankfurter- 254
    Jumbo Hot Dog Roll- 201

Dinner-
    Roast chicken breast- 159
    Mixed veg- 20
    A potato- 50

Snacks:
    Go Ahead Forest Fruits- 168
    Treacle Tart w/ custard- 435

Total: 1707 calories.

I went over and made some bad choices, but stayed under 1800. I'll allow this for today due to my non-existent appetite during the week.
    Had to get "Sparkteens" due to my MyFitnessPal account beign deactivated. They'll only allow me to set a goal for 1 pound a week. :unimpressed:
    I understand this will be the case for most weeks, but will definitely be trying to lose a bit more than that at first. And they think I'm undereating, and all their eating plans are for 1800-2175 calories, so I won't be using that. I'll just use the calorie counting and exercise tracking.

ReputationRep:
    In one week there are only 7 replies but over 2k views :lolwut:

It's good you're being pedantic about your calories. You should try and get more fat - they're more calories per g but may keep you fuller for longer as they burn much slower than carbs.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it up, GL:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Found a new thing to measure my calories, so I'll just use that and make notes here:

Day7
    Didn't snack at all today. Had porridge for breakfast, Sandwich and cereal bar for lunch. Dinner time was trickier since we went on a trip and I didn't have time to prepare any food because of short notice. Had to eat out with everyone else, so ended up getting a grilled chicken wrap from McDonalds. Didn't really know the people so wasn't brave enough to protest. Better choice than a burger was made, and I had that Fruitizz stuff. The wrap was apparently 330 calories, the drink was 110 and half of some chips was 115.
    Only ended up with 1227 calories! Not that much, although I can't say I'm upset about it.
    Day 8
    For some reason I'm really hungry today. I've eaten a lot of substantial things. I definitely think I need some more healthy fats in my diet. It's mostly carbs and protein at the minute. I might try to eat some more peanut butter or more almonds.
    Dad made a really nice dinner with just chicken, tomatoes, olive oil and spices with some rice. Went over calories today, but justified due to low calories intake. 1777 calories today.

Did about 45 minutes of walking. Should go for a run on Friday.

Weight myself. At first I thought I was the same weight, but then realised I really needed to toilet, and then weighed myself again a few times. I've gone from 210lb last week to 208.8lb!
    Pretty good since I haven't been all that consistent, so hopefully it will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Day 9

Walked to college and back for my exercise, which was about 45 minutes of walking. However, I was locked out of my house. So I walked with my boyfriend for about 20 minutes until I realised the garage and back doors were open. So that was an hour of walking for me.
    Foodwise, it was a pretty good day. 1,597 calories.
    Weighed myself again at the same time I did yesterday and I was 207.4? That's a difference of 1.4lbs. I weighed myself 3 times and it was the same everytime.
    Not sure how that happened, and there must be a reason for it, because I imagine you can't really lose over a pound in a day.
    Oh well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    Well done on the increase in exercise However, I would try to avoid weighing in too much (however tempting it seems :ahee: ) as your weight can really change in a short span of a couple of days :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How are things going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat-1)
    How are things going?
    Quite well, because my parents have decided to stop buying junk food.
    And I've found these things to buy at college called "Tasty Little Numbers", so it's really easy to stick within my calorie limit at lunch time.
    And I've been doing a lot of walking, but no running as my running partner is in Sweden, but I want to start again once he gets back.

I have a lot of work at the moment, so I'll probably only post at weekends until after exams.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.