Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone actually like school Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont

ReputationRep:
    No. Anybody that says they do is lying to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I like the social aspect.

ReputationRep:
    I like the social aspect.

I hate the exams, studying of things i will never use, etc.

But it is all necessary.

ReputationRep:
    'Like' is a very strong word. It's better than laying about the house all day anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the fact that these days we're simply being taught how to pass exams instead of being educated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJMS)
    I don't like the fact that these days we're simply being taught how to pass exams instead of being educated.

Exams forced me to start paying attention in education :L

ReputationRep:
    I loved school, every day was a barrel of laughs and I'd do it all again.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with some of the others, the social aspect is good.

Yes.
    I hated it when I didn't have any friends though. Having to sit by yourself and do everything alone. I still don't really (have any friends), but there's a couple of people I can talk to now so I like it again.

If I had proper friends I would love school though. My school's really nice, it's a lovely old building and has nice teachers.

ReputationRep:
    It gives me something to do . When I'm at home on holiday, I just get bored. Which reminds me, I have a huge Summer holiday coming up and nothing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I like learning, but i hate the waiting for other people to understand things. I could do the work we do in a day in an hour and a half at home (without breaks) so I'd much rather learn from books/be homeschooled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake-inator)
    I like learning, but i hate the waiting for other people to understand things. I could do the work we do in a day in an hour and a half at home (without breaks) so I'd much rather learn from books/be homeschooled
    Have you ever self-taught from books? It's incredibly dull. Textbooks are truly amaxing in their ability to make even the most interesting of topics into boring, repetitive, uninspiring content.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hated it from start to finish.The only thing I miss are certain friends who i've drifted apart from in the subsequent years.

ReputationRep:
    Despised school, loving sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like school. Yeah, some classes may be terribly dull and exams are a pain, but I've met so many people in school, and it has provided me with so many opportunities. They have worked hard for me to achieve my results to get to university so because of that, I actually really appreciate them for the work they do.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hate school because I've not been to a single school where I've not been bullied. Primary school was even worse! Christ, they treated you like you were three year olds throughout the entire years.

Secondary school. Meh. Not as bad but jeez, you can get even nastier people there...

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy the learning side of school. I like to learn but I hate the younger years and ridiculous school rules that are there to flaunt dominance for the head teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Have you ever self-taught from books? It's incredibly dull. Textbooks are truly amaxing in their ability to make even the most interesting of topics into boring, repetitive, uninspiring content.
    I have. I like knowledge too much to find them boring... guess I'm just weird then...

ReputationRep:
    The only reason i don't like school is because i don't like the majority of people that go there.

Otherwise i'm grateful for the free education and try not to complain about it too much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.