Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have my spanish oral in just under a month and was wondering if anyone else has theirs coming up and how they are revising for it?
    Any tips?
    I'm kind of just learning vocab at the moment, but there are so many possible debate topics, are you going to plan for possible cards?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meg1995)
    Hi, I have my spanish oral in just under a month and was wondering if anyone else has theirs coming up and how they are revising for it?
    Any tips?
    I'm kind of just learning vocab at the moment, but there are so many possible debate topics, are you going to plan for possible cards?

Thanks!
    Hey,
    I studied AS AQA Spanish last year, so I hope I can help!
    Learning the vocab sounds like a great idea! When you have to formulate responses in the exam, knowing a wide range of vocab will be very helpful
    When my class did our oral exam, in preparation for it we learnt the vocab, and then we had sheets of possible questions the examiners could ask us. With these sheets we spent lessons/lunchtimes asking each other questions off the sheets and responding to the questions. This proved very effective because as well as practising the speaking, we got to practice listening and understanding of the questions too. Also, we had mock exams, where we got the chance to do the prompt card section followed by questions on the different topics. If your school offers a mock exam it's definitely worth doing
    Something that could help a bit more is getting to know the topics - for example if there's a topic on music, you could find out examples of artists from the different genres etc
    I hope that was helpful!

Best of luck with your exam, I hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any possible imperfect subjunctive phrases which you can stick in for a high grade?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm doing optimistic and pessimistic views on each subtopic and then memorising a couple of key points from each. I'm also learning debate phrases and key vocabulary to improve my grade. And higher grammar structures like subjunctive. GOOD LUCK! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondie24)
    has anyone got any possible imperfect subjunctive phrases which you can stick in for a high grade?
    Seria mejor si el gobierno introdujera......

Si fuera tu....

Si hubieramos tomado mas precauciones....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devina-S)
    Seria mejor si el gobierno introdujera......

Si fuera tu....

Si hubieramos tomado mas precauciones....

Thanks got mine of Thursday! so worried about the target i'm so bad a preparing them to a high standard!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks got mine of Thursday! so worried about the target i'm so bad a preparing them to a high standard!
    I have mine on Thurs too! So nervous, I'm on Edexcel though how is your fluency with the language when making stuff up on the spot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devina-S)
    I have mine on Thurs too! So nervous, I'm on Edexcel though how is your fluency with the language when making stuff up on the spot?
    Not bad i just pause a lot when conjugating and deciding which tense to use! I really want an A but i'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Not bad i just pause a lot when conjugating and deciding which tense to use! I really want an A but i'm so nervous!
    I find that my sentence structure is sometimes all over the place and my vocab range limits me! I'm fine at conjugations though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.