The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Further Mathematics FP1 13/05/2013 PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 123formyabc
Hard paper i reckon below 58 for an a. What lines did everyone get for the last question

Think I got y = x - 1 for one of them and y = -x for the other
Reply 61
Guys what did you get in the matrix questions because I was kind of baffled except the first and the last parts. I think the (ii) I got p'(2,-2), (iii) y=-x, (iv) y =6
Reply 62
Hard paper i reckon below 58 for an a. What lines did everyone get for the last question

I think I put y=6 for one answer then something like y=-x for another one, was in the last minute so not exactly reliable lol
Reply 63
Original post by Aaqil
Guys what did you get in the matrix questions because I was kind of baffled except the first and the last parts. I think the (ii) I got p'(2,-2), (iii) y=-x, (iv) y =6

What was the original p coordinate can you remember?
Reply 64
Original post by Jackb1234
Think I got y = x - 1 for one of them and y = -x for the other

For the last one I got y = x, since I kept getting the collumn matrix (y y). I got y = -x for iii) but y =x for vi.

Ill post the question if any1 wants to check:

ill do rest in a second yea
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Aaqil

Yeah man thats all correct, checking the paper currently looks good.

Nah wait, p(-2,2) not what you wrote.
Great i put something similar. But.. It sounds like i messed up on he argand diagram i got 3 - j, will he error get carried forward? So ill only lose like a 2 marks for it?
Reply 67
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Can anyone remember what they got for question 6?
The question was x^3-5x^2+3x-6=0 has roots... Find the cubic with roots (a/3)+1, (B/3)+1 and (y/3)+1.

I got 9w^3-42w^2+60w-29=0?

Just did it and i got 9w^3 -42w^2 +60w -29 =0 after simplfying. :cool:
Reply 68
Original post by UKBrah
Just did it and i got 9w^3 -42w^2 +60w -29 =0 after simplfying. :cool:

Thats definitely the right answer checked it on the calculator
Reply 69
Original post by abdcefghi
Thats definitely the right answer checked it on the calculator

haha thats what I did, i found alpha of the original equation and did a/3 +1 and it did indeed work.
Original post by UKBrah
For the last one I got y = x, since I kept getting the collumn matrix (y y). I got y = -x for iii) but y =x for vi.

Ill post the question if any1 wants to check:

ill do rest in a second yea

omg yeah could you please post a few pictures of the whole paper. Thought it was vile. Didn't manage to prove by induction, fudged it up half way through...If grade boundaries are like a record low I may have got an A
Reply 71
Original post by theCreator
omg yeah could you please post a few pictures of the whole paper. Thought it was vile. Didn't manage to prove by induction, fudged it up half way through...If grade boundaries are like a record low I may have got an A

I got you man, sending from phone
Reply 72
Can someone upload pictures of the whole paper please would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Far as I was concerned, it seemed a rather middle-of-the-road paper in terms of difficulty, maybe slightly more difficult than average, albeit MUCH nicer than the one this January.

I struggled to plot the argand diagram. As far as I remember, it asked you to plot z1, z2, z1-z2, and z1+z2.

z2=5\left | {z_{2}} \right | = 5

arg(z2)=π4arg(z_{2}) = \frac{\pi}{4}

Using them both I got:

z2=522+522jz_{2}​ = \frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}+\frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}j

The roots question seemed a bit out of the way, I remember having an x3 coefficient of 9x39x^{3} and the others were fairly high.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Here lads

Can someone please find what the equation of the line is in the last part of 9?

Is it y =x? im dying to know
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by UKBrah
Here lads

Can someone please find what the equation of the line is in the last part of 9?

Is it y =x? im dying to know

I got y=-x
Reply 76
Original post by Political Cake
Far as I was concerned, it seemed a rather middle-of-the-road paper in terms of difficulty, maybe slightly more difficult than average, albeit MUCH nicer than the one this January.

I struggled to plot the argand diagram. As far as I remember, it asked you to plot z1, z2, z1-z2, and z1+z2.

z2=5\left | {z_{2}} \right | = 5

arg(z2)=π4arg(z_{2}) = \frac{\pi}{4}

Using them both I got:

z2=522+522jz_{2}​ = \frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}+\frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2}j

The roots question seemed a bit out of the way, I remember having an x3 coefficient of 9x39x^{3} and the others were fairly high.

Yep I agree with your answer for z2.

The diagram was really cluttered with tons of surds. I think I had like 3 complex numbers in the positive x quadrant and 1 somewhere else.
Reply 77
Original post by theCreator
I got y=-x

I got that for part iii or whatever it was before, not for the last part! :frown:
What was the answer to q2 lol i sound like an idiot
Reply 79
What was the answer to q2 lol i sound like an idiot

-3+j/-3-j

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending