The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

MFA/MA offers from ECA?

Hi,

I'm new to TSR :borat:

I'm an international ECA applicant from Nova Scotia, Canada. I applied a month ago to the MFA Film Directing program at the Edinburgh College of Art and I was wondering if any other prospective MFA/MA students have received conditional or unconditional offers from ECA for programs beginning September 2013. I've been combing through TSR daily for any mention of MFA/MA ECA applications/offers but haven't found anything yet.

I see that many prospective undergraduate and graduate students on here have been waiting much longer than I have to hear back from their respective universities...some for six months or longer! :noway:...so I guess I should be more patient. Hopefully I'll get some sort of a reply on EUCLID before the end of May so I can apply to Scotland's Saltire Scholarship which requires that you have an unconditional or conditional offer prior to sending in the application.

Does anyone have any information regarding MA/MFA offers from ECA?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Really? No one on TSR applied to an MFA/MA program at the Edinburgh College of Art for September 2013? Am I in the wrong forum?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ChristianMacD
Really? No one on TSR applied to an MFA/MA program at the Edinburgh College of Art for September 2013? Am I in the wrong forum?

There were 384 applications to Fine Art for entry in 2012, 32 offers, and 19 students who turned up to do the programme.

Not huge numbers, so it's not that surprising that there aren't others around to discuss it. Particularly given the large rejection rate (we tend to find on TSR that people are rejected often just disappear rather than staying to discuss it as it can be something of a sore point), and ECA applicants haven't quite got into the swing of discussing things in the UoE subforum yet.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply, nearlyheadlessian.
Hey, I just got offered a place on the MFA Film Directing at ECA just two days ago, so that's the 7th July if it helps.

Cheers,

Gordon

Original post by ChristianMacD
Hi,

I'm new to TSR :borat:

I'm an international ECA applicant from Nova Scotia, Canada. I applied a month ago to the MFA Film Directing program at the Edinburgh College of Art and I was wondering if any other prospective MFA/MA students have received conditional or unconditional offers from ECA for programs beginning September 2013. I've been combing through TSR daily for any mention of MFA/MA ECA applications/offers but haven't found anything yet.

I see that many prospective undergraduate and graduate students on here have been waiting much longer than I have to hear back from their respective universities...some for six months or longer! :noway:...so I guess I should be more patient. Hopefully I'll get some sort of a reply on EUCLID before the end of May so I can apply to Scotland's Saltire Scholarship which requires that you have an unconditional or conditional offer prior to sending in the application.

Does anyone have any information regarding MA/MFA offers from ECA?

Thanks in advance!
My son got an unconditional for performance costume on 1st July. That was a couple of weeks after he applied. He's still waiting to hear from the painting MA despite applying in April, already being a student there and being recommended by tutors on both programmes, so it's fair to say there's a certain degree of variation in their response time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending