Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I will be doing a french speaking exam on holidays in a few weeks and I just wanted to know could anyone recommend good vocab to use, any tips when I'm doing the speaking exam or things the examiner likes to see?

Merci beaucoup

ReputationRep:
    what level is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thea182)
    Hi everyone,

I will be doing a french speaking exam on holidays in a few weeks and I just wanted to know could anyone recommend good vocab to use, any tips when I'm doing the speaking exam or things the examiner likes to see?

Merci beaucoup
    Haha cool I also have French speaking but in 2 weeks If you nearly forget your speech and end up passing you can something like 'je suis desole' or 'une seconde'. Also, if you don't understand a question you could ask 'pardon?' or 's'il vous plaît répéter?' That's the kinda stuff I did and I think it bumped up my communication skills to ensure me the grade I got When you first enter the room great the examiner in French - probably won't get you extra marks, but it definitely sets the mood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadoreétudier)
    what level is it?
    GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Haha cool I also have French speaking but in 2 weeks If you nearly forget your speech and end up passing you can something like 'je suis desole' or 'une seconde'. Also, if you don't understand a question you could ask 'pardon?' or 's'il vous plaît répéter?' That's the kinda stuff I did and I think it bumped up my communication skills to ensure me the grade I got When you first enter the room great the examiner in French - probably won't get you extra marks, but it definitely sets the mood!
    Merci

ReputationRep:
    I used ,
    It has too much pollution,
    The area doesn't so enough to be environmentally friendly,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carys_eaton)
    I used ,
    It has too much pollution,
    The area doesn't so enough to be environmentally friendly,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Obviously try and make your coursework as impressive as possible, make sure you know it perfectly! Then the most important thing is to just relax, if you relax and know the words well enough they will roll off the tongue fluently! I got an A* and if I hadn't of been calm that certainly wouldn't have happened! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thea182)
    Hi everyone,

Merci beaucoup
    First time I tried the Speaking Exam last year (Year 11), I froze and then I think I started crying. It didn't really go well. Anyway, that only made my teacher's reaction so much better when I attempted it the second time a few months later and didn't screw up (badly)

ReputationRep:
    What board are you with, and how is your exam structured? Best way to revise varies between boards, but general pointers would be:
    It's good to include a variety of tenses, sentence structures and such like, to show you know the grammar.
    If you don't understand a question, a good phrase is "Pourriez-vous repeter la question s'il vous plait?" (Please could you repeat the question?)
    If there are set topics, try to work out an opinion on them so that whichever one comes up, you'll know what sort of thing to say and you will have the vocab there. Also helps to know the counter argument just in case! If you have revised by learning how to word your opinion, the grammar structures will be there as well as the vocab. Obviously helps to learn key words as well though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.