I said I don't have a bf Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The other day i went to this party, and the guy (tom) that i had seen from a few months ago at another party was was there. We danced together and talked and he said " Do you have a bf" and I straight away said "no", even though i do.

The thing is i liked Tom way before i started going out with my boyfriend, but i never saw him again so i just sort of moved on, but he was always at the back of my mind.

So.. im going to see this Tom guy @ another party this week because he's going to be a Dj for the party.. so i don't know what to do!!!

Why did i say i dont have a bf? I know that i do care about my bf but it just came out like that to other people I say "yes i do have a bf" :confused:
TrentEnd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think Anonymous wants a piece of Tom...
darryl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Somebody likes Tom... just be honest to Tom and yourself. If you like Tom more than your b/f then it should be obvious what you have to do...
Emmalina
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is boyfriend better than tom?

really?

dump boyfriend tom rocks your socks (obviouslY)
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Emmalina)
is boyfriend better than tom?

really?

dump boyfriend tom rocks your socks (obviouslY)
Its kinda hard to work out if someone is "better" than the other person based on seeing them TWICE in your entire life. Especially if you were drunk both times.

Firstly, if Tom mentions it again, tell him the truth. Joke about it, say: "I don't know why I said I didn't". Slightly embaressing but It seems like the only thing you can do.

Secondly, don't be harsh to your boyfriend and be honest in the future.
ladygrey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well... don't hang out with Tom again until you've decided what you want to do.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well i think my feelings for Tom have come back, but I don't want to lose my bf incase Tom doesn't feel the same way.. I know that's bad but i dont want to lose ma bf and then be left in the middle.. When i see this Tom guy @ da party should I ask for his number or something?? or wait for him to make a move?? Btw i asked this Tom guy to slow dance with me (omg!) because he was just sitting there and i thought i had to make a move!!
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ignore my last post- I mistakenly thought of you as someone who respected their boyfriend and was a decent person.

New advice: Get with Tom, let him use you- but make sure you make it obvious so your boyfriend finds out. Then, with any luck, your boyfriend will dump you and the Tom guy would have got what he wanted. So you will be left all alone, and the world will be a better place.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well i think my feelings for Tom have come back, but I don't want to lose my bf incase Tom doesn't feel the same way.. I know that's bad but i dont want to lose ma bf and then be left in the middle.. When i see this Tom guy @ da party should I ask for his number or something?? or wait for him to make a move?? Btw i asked this Tom guy to slow dance with me (omg!) because he was just sitting there and i thought i had to make a move!!
If you are going out on the pull like that leave your bf first. Otherwise you are just very low and should feel very very very bad.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Well i think my feelings for Tom have come back, but I don't want to lose my bf incase Tom doesn't feel the same way
you don't deserve either. stop thinking about yourself and admit what you've done to boh of them.

this reminds me of a famous story :confused:
kizer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

I don't know what annoys me more: saying 'da' when you mean the and 'ma' when you mean my, or how nasty you sound as a person.

Clearly end it with your boyfriend, imagine if he did this to you!
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Well:

a. BF < Tom - in which case you say bye to the boyfriend.

b. Tom < BF - in which case you tell Tom you do have a boyfriend and that you are sorry for lying.
jovialtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TrentEnd)
I think Anonymous wants a piece of Tom...
can you blame her...
ladygrey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Imagine if your boyfriend told you "well... i like this other girl better than you... but you're my second choice if she doesn't like me, so I'm gonna stay with you just in case"... it would suck, right?
Anonymous #3
Report 12 years ago
im in a kinda similar situation, i have wanted to be with this girl (call her Chelsea) for ages and she has wanted to be with me but wanted to be single till after the exams, she is very good looking and has a great personality but suffers from depression, though tried to hide it. i havent been one to attract many girls so i accepted it. i really really really like her, but all of a sudden im in a situation where theres 3 other girls i know that i could ask out and they would say yes. one i have known for a while but we dont talk too much, i know she likes me and is single, i dont like her as much as chelsea though.
i have another who i have only known a couple of weeks from work and says that she has a bf, but i am not too sure if she is just saying that because she is (without exaggurating) georgeous but two years older than me.
and the last girl, i have been talking to over msn for a month or so and i know that she would say yes if i asked her out. and she is pretty good looking.

now its nearly the end the exams and chelsea wants to be with me more than ever. i want to be with her soo much also and so am just having to say no to the others, i know that its hard but you just have to do it.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You should have been truthful, now you've put yourself in an uncomfortable position, lies only bring pain, tell the truth now, or if you do have feelings for tom least end it with your boyfriend first before you go off with another guy, but if you got feelings for someone else then maybe something is not right with your b.f, i would have thought if you were in love you'd be proud to tell other people.
frappuccino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Break up with your bf and go for Tom.
anjurdsg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
this tom seems like a big pimp to me... damn i'm aroused
Anonymous #4
Report 12 years ago
Do not leave your boyfriend. How would you feel if he left you in these circumstances.

Forget about Tom, u have a boyfriend so concentrate only on him.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go get it on with Tom.

No, scratch that. Tell him the truth and forget him. If however you like this guy more then you boyfriend then some dumping is in order.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads