medicine panick! Watch

heatherbee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi, i have been accepted to medical school this year and im starting to panick now because i dont believe that i am able to get the grades required of me! medicine is all ive ever wanted to do so i have never looked into anything else, but now i am being realsitic so i was hoping someone in here could give me any course or career tips? anything would be appreciated...i really need to know what my options are before i get my results so i can enjoy myself this summer. any ideas are incredibly welcome. thanks. xx
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
chill out, you'll do fine. wait till you get to second year
ProfessorFitBoy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you are of medical school calibre, you will, even if you fail marginally to get the required grades, still have high A-levels.
Thus, there are still a lot of options open to you.

You could do something like Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Science at Uni for a start.

Furthermore, you could always do one of these subjects as an undergraduate and then do a graduate entry medical degree - a four-year accelerated programme for graduates of other disciplines.

Indeed, if you do choose this option you'll probably end up being at Uni for seven years but a lot of doctors do actually enter the profession this way.

Just a thought.
Try talking to your schools careers advisor.
heatherbee
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i know all of those options but i really dont enjoy chemistry all that much and only really enjoy the human side to biology. i have a place on a human anaotmy course but im not sure its right for me, i think a paramedics course say physio would be better, but i wanted to know about options apart from going to uni cos uni is all ive ever known about, we dont get info on getting jobs etc from school! which is very annoying!
medic_rules
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's natural to start and panic alittle now that exams are upon you, stay focused and do your best, people must think that you can make the grades otherwise they would not have predicted them for you. I'm a 3rd year Medic and still get the feelings of panic at this time of year.
Good Luck, but it's always best to have a back up plan should you fail to gain the grades, mine was that I would resit and reapply, Medicine was the only thing I wanted to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads