The Student Room Group

Are Distinctions hard ?

Do you feel that distinctions are hard to get in a extended diploma ? (business)

Can you show me some pieces of work that are distinction level ?

I do a level 2 media course at school ( year 11 ) and my units are basically this : get given some sheets ; have 10 minute talk on the unit and then spend the next 8 or so weeks working on our own with help from teacher if needed , is it like this at college ?

Thanks a lot

Tommo :smile:
Reply 1
Time consuming put very simple. Most of the answers you need can be found online or if you have any slight bit of common sense can be answered on your own.
Reply 2
fair enough , not afraid to put a lot of work in !

sounds right down my alley :wink:
Basically, just research the internet or use textbooks if necessary. Also use your common sense as well. But with disctinctions you basically need to evaluate.
Reply 4
If you have done all the Passes and Merits properly, then you should have gained most of the knowledge you need for the Distinction. My students constantly tell me how easy they find Distinctions, it rarely occurs to them that everything they have done previously helps!
Reply 5
Has anyone got any distinction grade work that i could take a quick peek at please ? :smile:

Also are you doing it at an sixth form or a college ?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 6
I got 4 x D* in Media last year, you turn up, listen to the teacher, talk about effects, make a video or two, make a well structured website, yes its time-consuming but its quite straight forward

Don't laugh but this was awarded distinction last year lool:

[video="youtube;5avzO7dPK1g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5avzO7dPK1g[/video]

Try as hard as possible not to laugh, all my friends did lool

This is year 11 btw, but I suppose A-level is similar to this
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending