The Student Room Group

Is there a night shift for shelf stackers?

For Co op, Sainsbury's or Tesco? Even if it shuts at 11, do people still stack through the night for the morning? Is there a night shift?
If so, what is the usual time?
Reply 1
Don't know about those three, but there definitely was in my Waitrose!
The dairy isle (everything from smoothies and milk, meats, yoghurts, cheese etc.), fruit and veg, and some of the non perishables were restocked each night!
our store shut at 8pm and opened 8am, and the night shift were in 8.15 til 7 usually!

Genuinely was the best part of the store I worked in!
Reply 2
Original post by jeddows
Don't know about those three, but there definitely was in my Waitrose!
The dairy isle (everything from smoothies and milk, meats, yoghurts, cheese etc.), fruit and veg, and some of the non perishables were restocked each night!
our store shut at 8pm and opened 8am, and the night shift were in 8.15 til 7 usually!

Genuinely was the best part of the store I worked in!

Is there a competition for night shift jobs at supermarkets?
Reply 3
Sainsburys and tesco do
As do asda as well
Dont know about co op though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ForgetMe
Is there a competition for night shift jobs at supermarkets?

Not too sure, I'd guess in varies by store?

It is pretty tough, I only did it for 2 weeks over Christmas, and sleep wise it does mess you up, and it can seriously ruin your social life :L (going out for a drink after work isn't terribly acceptable when you finish at 7am...).

Because of this there seems to be a reasonable turnover in staff moving from nights to days, and vice versa (more so than in day shifts, where people tended to stay in one section for ages!).
Reply 5
Original post by jeddows
Not too sure, I'd guess in varies by store?

It is pretty tough, I only did it for 2 weeks over Christmas, and sleep wise it does mess you up, and it can seriously ruin your social life :L (going out for a drink after work isn't terribly acceptable when you finish at 7am...).

Because of this there seems to be a reasonable turnover in staff moving from nights to days, and vice versa (more so than in day shifts, where people tended to stay in one section for ages!).

Well, since I only go to sleep at 3 am, that wouldn't bother me :mmm:
Reply 6
On the application form where it says what hours are you available; what should I put to get accepted for the night shift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending