The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ihatepeople37
I can't sleep..... This is not good ..... The more I stay awake the more I panic about not sleeping ahhahaha I am screwed

I'm in the same boat as you sir, set my alarm for a stupid hour for last-minute cramming too - is there any point in sleeping?!

resorted to tutor2u course companion, tea and **** telly.
Its looking like i might have a taylor swift song in my head. ..
Original post by gingerandice
Its looking like i might have a taylor swift song in my head. ..

Aren't you supposed to listen to just instrumentals or classical music when revising
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
Aren't you supposed to listen to just instrumentals or classical music when revising
<br />
<br />

[QUOTE="CoolStoryBroo;43087185"]Aren't you
<br />
Im not even listening to music, but shes still in my head!!! damn her catchy lyrics.
Reply 525
and I have arrived :wink:
GL all
Reply 527
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 528
Hated the context questions again :frown: did the EU one and didnt know what to put for the 25 marker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 530
Did the EU one and then the Inflation one.. anyone did the same and want to discuss private message meee.. :smile:
good paper that was
Reply 532
Original post by ladder1234
good paper that was

It was! Love how everyone thought exchange rates and Globalisation were the hot favourites - wrong! Funny how many people at my college commented on me being on TSR today before the exam haha! Hope everyone thought it was okay :smile:
Reply 533
The people who did the EU context one, what did you lot put for the benefits for the UK leaving the EU?

For the Advantage of the EU I Put:

-Free Market: so free movement of labour etc.
-Cheap labour force to the UK: lower costs of production
-Could result in Potential economic growth (quality factors of production will increase)

However

-Some people argue that immigrants could take jobs from the local people
-E.g. Latest emergence of the UKIP shows that
- + An increase in labour could mean more of a pressure on e.g. infrastructure so the government needs to spend more etc, which involves an opportunity cost etc.

Not sure if this is right lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 534
Nice paper.

Did the EU context for section A and the inflation question for Section B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 535
Did context B and essay questions 7 and 8. Went well though I think I messed up the calculation question what did everybody get
Did context 1and essay 2 (deficits) although would have been happy to do the monetary policy essay

Also it was dead sly how it was 'balance of trade in goods', not services or current account
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lad-man
Did context B and essay questions 7 and 8. Went well though I think I messed up the calculation question what did everybody get

Yeah I did that too, the calculation was worded so badly I didn't know whether they wanted the new Real GDP or the amount that it increased by in 2011! After reading it like 10 times I said it increased by 75bn euros, as it said in 2011 it increased by 3%. But some people were saying they added the 75bn on to the 2010 Real GDP. so annoying.
Reply 538
Did the EU question:
1. UK will benefit of the EU because of the export led multiplier, trade creation (diagram), fiscal rules, exports.

2. UK will not benefit- because of the rise in budget deficits, the rise in unemployment in greeece and spain, the fact that EU is over concerned with inflation will damage growth and employment (Phillips curve). The fiscal rule will reduce confidence in businesses will lead to a fall in growth..
3. Overall: UK will be better if they join the EU in the short term.. but in the long-term trade off will occur-inflation and unemployment and so on.. and said that UK will better generate Economic Growth with the aid of supply side policies..

Anyone put that??
Reply 539
Did people get 1500 on the EU calculation question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending