Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst thing you've done to your pet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the absolute worst thing you've done to your pets accidentally?

My cat usually sleeps in my feet, and once while i was asleep, i moved my leg but in the process i ended up kicking her. And i kicked her so hard she actually fell off the bed. And obviously when she got back up onto the bed she wasn't very happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally hit my guinea pig in the face with a ball.

He later had a unrelated brain tumour and died.

At least I hope it was unrelated... D:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    There was a thunderstorm once, so I turned off the filter and oxygen pump in my aquarium in case a lighting strike hit the mains and electrocuted them (I wasn't using a surge protector). Unfortunately, I forgot to turn the filter on and a few days later my devastated 10 year old self was faced with some very lifeless fish

ReputationRep:
    Ooo and when our fish died no one bothered to take him out the tank so he just slowly decomposed in there. The dead don't care how they rest I guess...

ReputationRep:
    It's such a horrible feeling when you stand on your pet and you keep on apologising, but they can't understand it

ReputationRep:
    I left my pancake on the table, came back 5 minutes later and found my blue cat chewing on it. So I shouted at him to let him he know he has hurt my feelings. He went away. We made up later on though.

What would life be without cats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermitthefrog)
    It's such a horrible feeling when you stand on your pet and you keep on apologising, but they can't understand it
    Haha I can relate to this

ReputationRep:
    About a week ago I opened the fridge door and accidentally hit my dog in the face in the process. I felt so terrible but he seemed fine :P

ReputationRep:
    Threw at tennis ball across the garden for one dog to chase, which bounced over my other older dog, resulting in the young chasing dog attempting to jump over the older one and colliding with it head on at full speed.

The funny thing about dogs is though that even if you accidentally kick them in the face or whatever, they always come running up and look really sorry about it :laugh:

EDIT: In retrospect, I can't believe I said that was funny; it's heartbreaking :sad:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermitthefrog)
    Exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got to agree the stepping on them thing. Especially as my cat is now so old and dopey he literally will walk under your feet.

I think the worst I've felt was when I tricked him into getting his head stuck in a yoghurt pot, at which point he took off at full speed backwards, went flying off the table and ran backwards into a wall at full speed and then thrashed around on the floor for about 10 seconds before he got the pot off and then sprinted away. I had no idea he would react like that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Stepped on my cat's tail by accident and he didn't let me forget it! Not only did he scream the house down but he was in a huff with me all day despite me offering him cuddles and kisses.

He forgave me when I put his dinner in the bowl though...ironically!

ReputationRep:
    I had a rabbit, a white one funnily enough, that I swear was one of those suicide bunnies. He would sit behind the garage door and wait for people to come through and hit him and he would try and run under your feet so if he was out you had to watch where you put your feet so carefully! The first time he sat behind the door we hadn't cottoned on and he broke his leg. I felt so guilty! Didn't stop him doing it though, we just went through more carefully.

He was the friendliest rabbit I've ever met though. I was devastated when e popped his clogs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was walking my dog before and I kneed him in the head. It was kind of an accident but kind of on purpose. He has been pulling for the whole walk (and he's not a little dog- about 30kg lab I think) and I had kept yanking him back to try and stop him. This particular yank I pull his lead close to me and his head hit my knee. I felt really bad after it, but I was so frustrated about his continuous pulling.

ReputationRep:
    The noise cats make when you tread on them is horrendous!

ReputationRep:
    My dog got burning hot fat on her back, that's pretty bad! but to be fair, she brought it on herself: she was hassling my mum on christmas day whilst she was serving up roast dinner in the kitchen, and she wouldn't stop standing on my mums feet and getting in the way, and then she tripped up my mum whilst she was carrying the roast turkey and the fat/gravy stuff went on her back D:

She was fine though

ReputationRep:
    Put a cone around my cat's neck because he kept scratching open a wound

He walked backwards for three days:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My sister tries to teach my cat yoga - I think that could be classified as animal cruelty...

(He hasn't learned anything yet.)

ReputationRep:
    I've stood on my dogs feet loads of times, mainly because she likes to stand in between your feet when you're making things in the kitchen. I dropped one of my rats the other day too and then had to chase her around my room which I think freaked her out a bit.
    I also put a Darth Vader hat on my dog which was funny at the time but looking back it was probably a bit mean of me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.