The Student Room Group

Primark theft, warning, ban? HELP!

A matter of days ago me and some friends where in primark shopping they also brought along people I did not know, these new people used a testing can of self tan and tried it out on there hand they did not like it so they opened a packet of wet wipes next to it to wipe it off. They then placed it back (bearing in mind I was at the edge/outside of the group and not involved) a member of staff came over and said we could not do that and had to pay for the wipes one off the new people went off and did this ... I then thought nothing of it. As we were leaving the store we were approached by 2 members of staff and a security guard where we were retold this story then said that they had not paid for the wipes (the self tan was okay as it was a tester) they then accused us of damaging property or theft, we were then given 2 options 1) pay for the wipes or 2) be held for shop lifting... We then did pay for they items and left the store. There was no accusations or threats said and we completely complied. I did not touch or have any involvement in the wipes. I signed no document to agree to anything so I now presume I am not banned and I am free to enter and use the shop as normal, I hope this all makes sense thanks in advance.
Don't worry about it. We got kicked out for using the stairs instead of the escalator once...
If they didn't tell you that you're banned, then you're not banned :wink:
Original post by Shortpaul
A matter of days ago me and some friends where in primark shopping they also brought along people I did not know, these new people used a testing can of self tan and tried it out on there hand they did not like it so they opened a packet of wet wipes next to it to wipe it off. They then placed it back (bearing in mind I was at the edge/outside of the group and not involved) a member of staff came over and said we could not do that and had to pay for the wipes one off the new people went off and did this ... I then thought nothing of it. As we were leaving the store we were approached by 2 members of staff and a security guard where we were retold this story then said that they had not paid for the wipes (the self tan was okay as it was a tester) they then accused us of damaging property or theft, we were then given 2 options 1) pay for the wipes or 2) be held for shop lifting... We then did pay for they items and left the store. There was no accusations or threats said and we completely complied. I did not touch or have any involvement in the wipes. I signed no document to agree to anything so I now presume I am not banned and I am free to enter and use the shop as normal, I hope this all makes sense thanks in advance.

I don't think you'll have a problem. I would steer clear of those new guys however.
Reply 4
Original post by Runninground
Don't worry about it. We got kicked out for using the stairs instead of the escalator once...

Hmm lol
Reply 5
youre fine dont worry, i remember getting baned from a shop in a similar situation albeit they were stealing walked in the next day they asked my name i lied no problem :tongue:
What's wrong with you Primark goods may be cheap but they aint free...
Similar thing happened to my boyfriend when he found out someone he was with had stolen a watch from M&S. He marched the boy back and told him to hand it in to a cashier. They were both held for shoplifting and he was banned from all of their stores. It's been 8 years now and he's never had any problems going into any M&S since that day! You'll be fine but I agree, keep an eye out on who your with and just be careful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending