Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So in the textbook there's a graph that shows that with increasing concentration of glucose- the transmission of light also increases. Surely if there's an increase in concentration of glucose- this a higher percentage of absorption and so a smaller percentage of transmission. The book is called ''OCR biology'' by pete kennedy and frank sochacki page 115 for anyone else who has this textbook
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't have your textbook, but a reasonably decent knowledge of colorimetry. In my textbook it says that colorimetry works on the principle that a solution will absorb a certain wavelength of transmitted light. So for a start, the transmission shouldn't change over the course of the practical. However, the amount of light detected (absorbed) across the solution should indeed decrease as glucose concentration increases. I'm not too sure why your textbook says otherwise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.