Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I'm coming to the end of my A levels and am hopefully going to study this degree http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/c...ng_finance.php

I want to become a chartered accountant with ICEAW. So I will have the opportunity to complete the CFAB qualification in addition to the degree. I understand I will have to obtain the ACA qualifiaction after my degree, please correct me if I am wrong. I was just wondering how long the ACA takes to complete?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    So basically I'm coming to the end of my A levels and am hopefully going to study this degree http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/c...ng_finance.php

I want to become a chartered accountant with ICEAW. So I will have the opportunity to complete the CFAB qualification in addition to the degree. I understand I will have to obtain the ACA qualifiaction after my degree, please correct me if I am wrong. I was just wondering how long the ACA takes to complete?
    You will need to get a training contract to qualify as an ACA which are usually 3 years!

ReputationRep:
    Stuff Uni, get yourself on an apprenticeship. My apprenticeship will last 4 1/2 years (I think). Instead of three years at Uni and two years doing ACA, i'm doing three years of AAT and two years of ACA (I think, anyway). The benefit is i'll be getting experience and being paid for the apprenticeship. Win win in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Stuff Uni, get yourself on an apprenticeship. My apprenticeship will last 4 1/2 years (I think). Instead of three years at Uni and two years doing ACA, i'm doing three years of AAT and two years of ACA (I think, anyway). The benefit is i'll be getting experience and being paid for the apprenticeship. Win win in my opinion.
    Any advice to getting on to a aat apprenticeship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner4life95)
    Any advice to getting on to a aat apprenticeship?
    Not really, it's just like getting a normal job. Show you have an interest in the field of work and that its worth their while training you.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, it's just like getting a normal job. Show you have an interest in the field of work and that its worth their while training you.
    Just another quick question if you don't mind me asking is what was the requirement of your aat and when did you gain it before starting it,thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Just another quick question if you don't mind me asking is what was the requirement of your aat and when did you gain it before starting it,thanks in advance.
    Can you rephrase that? :confused: Do you mean UCAS points?

ReputationRep:
    Can you rephrase that? :confused: Do you mean UCAS points?
    Yh I mean requirements in terms of ucas or gcse's.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I mean requirements in terms of ucas or gcse's.
    The only entry requirement I had was to pass two small tests and do an interview. The firm I am with recruit from the local college, so they don't ask for entry requirements, they just ask for references.

ReputationRep:
    The only entry requirement I had was to pass two small tests and do an interview. The firm I am with recruit from the local college, so they don't ask for entry requirements, they just ask for references.
    ok thanks for the info mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.