Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I used the estimator on SFE website and entered where I go for uni(London) and my parental income(>42000). And it turned out that I cannot get any grants and bursaries, which I have already anticipated.

And according to the calculator I can get about 7.5k for my maintenance, which is not a lot but it's fine I suppose.

However when I registered the account and was at the last stage of the application process, it says taking account of everything into consideration, I can apply for maximum of £4988 as maintenance loan.

I was shocked, why is there a huge difference between the 2 figures? And I am pretty sure I won't be able to stay alive with that amount of money. As my accommodation costs about 4.5k in the first term and even more in 2nd and 3rd term.

Anyone got any idea why?

Much appreciated,

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Did you remember to set on the form that you will be living away from home in all three terms.

ReputationRep:
    You're planning on spending the best part of £14K on accommodation?!

:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you must of gotten your maths wrong somewhere, the most expensive accomodation i have come across was ~£5000 for the entire year and thats in places like london.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.