Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question about Student Finance application summary information Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried here, should the summary screen on my application show any eligible grants? I should be getting the maximum grant amount as well due to my family's income but it doesn't even mention grant on there, I choose to be assessed on income and put the slider to 'Up to £25,000'. It's also showing the wrong amount, Maintenance Loan £3,823 and Maintenance Grant £3,354 is what the slider says when I move it to 'Up to £25,000' but my estimate always defaults to the amount when no household income is provided. Is the slider just used for estimating the amount you will get then?

This is what it looks like:
    http://i.imgur.com/egkyLD6.png

My parents haven't supported my application yet so no evidence has been sent, should I submit it now and then get my parents to support my application? Would it change after evidence is received?

One more question, if I apply for a Current Year Income assessment and it turns out my parents end up earning more than in 11-12 will they still use the current year even if it is higher to assess my loan/grant amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodhamboyluke)
    My parents haven't supported my application yet so no evidence has been sent, should I submit it now and then get my parents to support my application? Would it change after evidence is received?

One more question, if I apply for a Current Year Income assessment and it turns out my parents end up earning more than in 11-12 will they still use the current year even if it is higher to assess my loan/grant amount?
    The Bold is what I was querying in another thread. This is the position I am in with current year assessment, it could change so how does that work, re-assessment or pay it all back at the end of first year.

However, the other stuff I can help you a bit with! If you have ticked to be income assessed then it normally asks you if you want your parents to support your application in the same application as yours, or separately. Either way I am sure my parents received an email to update there financial details and then they received document in the post they had to send back with financial evidence I think....Currently, the only thing they have assessed me on is the very basic loan and tuition fee eligibility (which the letter they also sent me saying was that you can still be assessed for household income to be taken into account but I don't know when that will be), but they haven't got back to me based on household income.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.