Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This forum is going to start losing ppl, cos the damn servers always busy. in like 2 mins it'll be busy again, mods how do we prevent this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    This forum is going to start losing ppl, cos the damn servers always busy. in like 2 mins it'll be busy again, mods how do we prevent this
    yeah butween 5 and 11 its mad.

the connection they host this **** on is generally sucky

ReputationRep:
    Welll if UKL looses visitors then the server problem will probably fix itself.

ReputationRep:
    hang on, apparently an upgrade is in the works soonish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Welll if UKL looses visitors then the server problem will probably fix itself.
    he he

ReputationRep:
    well they already tried to upgrade everything, I remember D splashin out his drinkin money on upgrading it but its just got so popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    And I thought it was especially bad cause I´m not in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    Maybe we should limit members to those living in the UK, as it IS the UK student forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)

where are you, if your not in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Maybe we should limit members to those living in the UK, as it IS the UK student forum.
    how the hell can you limit members to those living in the uk?

ReputationRep:

lol...good point, but how could they tell whos in UK and whos not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    how the hell can you limit members to those living in the uk?

what does it mean when you have a grey coloured reputation - does it mean your in the minuses? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    what does it mean when you have a grey coloured reputation - does it mean your in the minuses? :confused:

no it means that you are cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    lol...good point, but how could they tell whos in UK and whos not?
    For starters, all threads could remain hidden until you become a member, which would quell the number of non-members browsing the forum, that would cut the traffic something massive.

Then, if needs be, perform an ISP check on everyone trying to become a member, which wold filter all foreigners joining.

ReputationRep:
    Then, if needs be, perform an ISP check on everyone trying to become a member, which wold filter all foreigners joining.
    very time consuming process

ReputationRep:
    very time consuming process
    thepoint of an internet forum is that anyone can use it! i personally think that this idea of only people from uk can use it is not a good idea. I would suggest just upgrading the system

ReputationRep:
    thepoint of an internet forum is that anyone can use it! i personally think that this idea of only people from uk can use it is not a good idea. I would suggest just upgrading the system
    And do you have the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And do you have the money?
    who gave me another negative rep! :mad: i said before that we could donate!

ReputationRep:
    Well, maybe not the ISP filtering, but hiding most of the forum to non-members would heavily cut down on traffic.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.