Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you pay for your gym and how far do you travel to get there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just curious to see the price of memberships that TSR members are paying and also how far is your gym from you, how long does it take to get there?

Also if you dont go to the gym to exercise what other activities do you do?

For me, i left a £18.99 a month gym which took 30 minutes to get there. I left it because it was ALWAYS packed and i just couldnt get a decent workout. Currently looking for a new gym.

ReputationRep:
    £30. 30 minutes walk there and back.

ReputationRep:
    >Not having a home gym

What are you doing
    It'll save you money if you're going to lift for longer than a month

ReputationRep:
    My gym is in my university. 10m by bike or bus. Completely free.
    I work out Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and there are no lineups at all. Don't go Monday/Friday if you want free machines and benches.

I have a free gym at the building I live in but I'm too lazy and haven't been there since more than a year. I guess its more motivating when the gym is a bit further away as I remember driving 20 mins to the gym everyday to workout in my home town.

ReputationRep:
    ^^free gym at work local ex council run gym is 40 but I could get a 20 percent student discount!! but you can get swimming membership for 18.

ReputationRep:
    £19.99 a month, 20 min bus journey.

ReputationRep:
    £32 for 6 months, unfortunately that'll change and it'll go up when the 6 months are up now that i'm 18. 5-10 minutes drive depending on traffic

ReputationRep:
    Far to much, takes like sub 5 minutes to drive there.

ReputationRep:
    about £22 a month.

5 minute walk

ReputationRep:
    £20 a month, 5-10 minute walk

ReputationRep:
    £18 a month, 30 minutes walk

ReputationRep:
    £12. literally across the road. 30 seconds

ReputationRep:
    36 a month 10 min walk

ReputationRep:
    £17 I believe and about 5 minutes. Just down the road. Depends how slow I walk haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £175 for the year.

Uni Gym takes me 5 minutes to walk there.

ReputationRep:
    £51 a year plus £1 every time I go.

5 mins walk.

ReputationRep:
    At my current gym for which my membership has just expired and now is full price to renew, about £40 a month if you want to go at any time. 5 minutes walk away.

I'm going to join a different gym though which is only £16 a month for any time. About 30 mins away on the bus but 2 minutes walk away from my new job that I'm starting. So I'm going to go after work and go for runs on my days off I don't feel like travelling there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £22 a month, 5 minutes drive.

ReputationRep:
    £0 a month, 20 seconds.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.