The Student Room Group

How much do you pay for your gym and how far do you travel to get there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I used to pay £27 and it was a 30 min walk; only really went for spin classes and if I wanted to use the gym I would go 8pm - 10pm as the place was empty.

Now it's free with the uni. I think 24hr gyms are good if you don't live too far from them.
Reply 21
£15 a month (thats with discount being a student its usually £30). Its in the local council lesuire centres so theres a few I could go to but I stick with two ones 15 min walk away the other is a 15 min bus ride but very close to where I study. Which one I go to depends on what Im up to that day and what classes are on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£92 per month, takes 10 mins walking or 3 mins drive to get there.
Original post by dan-dream-boys
£92 per month, takes 10 mins walking or 3 mins drive to get there.

£92 a month?! The hell.. What do you get exactly for £92 a month?!
£30 per month, 11 minute walk (specific as I was going to guess 10 and google told me 11). So yeah.. 0.6 miles to the gym.

It is a leisure center, I pay to use the swimming pool and gym (any time I want). If I wanted to go at set times or not use the pool it'd probably be half the price.
£18.99 a month, takes me about 50 minutes to get there as I have to catch 2 buses.
Reply 26
22 quid per month, 25 minutes of walk.
plus i've got some stuff at home, so I could do some basic excercises here instead of going there
Reply 27
I joined my gym at uni, £116 for the year and 2 minutes walk from my flat :smile:
£15.99 a month, about a 10 minute walk. I don't do anything special so basic gym equipment is fine. I go to TheGym.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£67 a month, 10min bus ride.
Reply 30
£14 a month, 5-10 minute walk from my room on Uni campus
£57 a month, 2 mins walk.
Reply 32
£50 a month, 10 min drive

You can really use the drive to psyc yourself up :tongue:
£33 a month, 10 minutes by foot
20 a month, 5 minutes by bike. In the USA I also paid $20 a month but it took practically half an hour on foot.

Do British universities seriously not offer a gym to their students? I know I know different institutions entirely compared to their American counterparts that place such a heavy emphasis on sports, but I thought at least some unis had a gym.
Reply 35
Not currently at a gym, but I'm looking at prices

These £50+ a month ones I'm seeing on here, WTF?
Reply 36
either £19.50 or £19.99, about a 5 minute drive away maximum
Reply 37
£10.99 a month and about 15 minutes walk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
£50 a month at David Lloyd, takes about 15 minutes to drive there.
Original post by I Kant Spall
20 a month, 5 minutes by bike. In the USA I also paid $20 a month but it took practically half an hour on foot.

Do British universities seriously not offer a gym to their students? I know I know different institutions entirely compared to their American counterparts that place such a heavy emphasis on sports, but I thought at least some unis had a gym.

Every Uni I know has a gym, where are you getting the idea from that they don't lol?

Quick Reply

Latest