Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've heard back from all my unis but I now have to decide between Birmingham and Bristol for medicine. I love the campus at Birmingham and all the communal spaces in the medical school - cafeteria, common room, big working area in the library - as I think it would be really easy to meet people and make friends, particularly with other medical students.
    However Bristol as a city seems much nicer. I'm not really that wowed by the med school at Bristol but in terms of where I'll be living for the next 7 years or so it seems sensible to put Bristol.
    (Also, this is a really minor detail but on the Bristol open day we didn't really get to see much of the medical school - is there a library where we can go to work actually in the medical school at Bristol or do you have to trek back to accommodation for somewhere to study? It's just I know at Birmingham there's a massive area with work spaces open like nearly all night.)
    Just wondering what all your thoughts are? Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position - deciding between Bristol, B'ham and Leeds and would have been very happy to go to any of them. I went for Bristol in the end as liked the City much more, but agree that B'ham campus is really nice. I also like the area around Bristol. I know it shouldn't be a factor, but I don't know anyone that applied for B'ham for anything other than medicine - whereas I know loads of people that want to go to Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol med school has a library too. Suprised they didn't show you - its all brand new

ReputationRep:
    I studied at the Uni of B'ham for a term and the social side is AWESOME; I made a lot of new friends and I'm still in touch with them, the campus is great and the Medical School has a good reputation.
    Bristol Med School is very good as well but Bristol is not a campus university I think....anyway Bristol as a city is much nicer than Birmingham, in Birmingham there are some very dodgy boroughs and apart from the very modern city centre, the rest of the city is not so nice...
    I think both B'ham and Bristol uni are very good and whatever you decide you'll have a positive experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.