Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started working on my accomodation and expenses yesterday and it worked out that my rent for the year in one of the places I looked at was going to be £150 more than my ENTIRE student loan.

I was so stressed out about it and then my dad has decided the best thing.

He owns his own company and at the moment for every £1,000 he earns he has to pay out £600 in corporation tax because it's all just in cash. He also has lots of people coming over to meet him so he has to get up to London and stay over in order to meet them and also I needed a place to stay.

So he's getting a company flat up in London and I can live there rent free for the three years I'm at University so I can save money up for afterwards!!!!! He then doesn't have to pay out corporation tax etc he can stay with me when he has to meet people and I don't have to nor do my parents have to fork out a load of personal cash for my accomodation because of it's dual purpose. It will also have it's own washer dryer etc, my very own fridge and I can make as much mess as I like and not have to worry about flatmates!!!

Some people would say that it won't be as good because I won't get the chance to stay with and meet other people in halls. To that I say when your last piece of bread goes missing as does your last piece of your birthday cake and you find them being consumed by that person that never washes up, cleans the toilet or does anything then you'll envy me.
    Besides I won't have to worry about the rules of bringing people back...and it will be freeeee!

So you are all welcome to come and party!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I started working on my accomodation and expenses yesterday and it worked out that my rent for the year in one of the places I looked at was going to be £150 more than my ENTIRE student loan.

I was so stressed out about it and then my dad has decided the best thing.

He owns his own company and at the moment for every £1,000 he earns he has to pay out £600 in corporation tax because it's all just in cash. He also has lots of people coming over to meet him so he has to get up to London and stay over in order to meet them and also I needed a place to stay.

So he's getting a company flat up in London and I can live there rent free for the three years I'm at University so I can save money up for afterwards!!!!! He then doesn't have to pay out corporation tax etc he can stay with me when he has to meet people and I don't have to nor do my parents have to fork out a load of personal cash for my accomodation because of it's dual purpose. It will also have it's own washer dryer etc, my very own fridge and I can make as much mess as I like and not have to worry about flatmates!!!

Some people would say that it won't be as good because I won't get the chance to stay with and meet other people in halls. To that I say when your last piece of bread goes missing as does your last piece of your birthday cake and you find them being consumed by that person that never washes up, cleans the toilet or does anything then you'll envy me.
    Besides I won't have to worry about the rules of bringing people back...and it will be freeeee!

So you are all welcome to come and party!
    Wow you're so lucky!! That must be a load off your mind... as they say on the washing powder advert.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Totally, I'll feel a lot safer as well because my parents will choose the place and they've lived in London (I was born there) so they know where to avoid and they won't be stingy with it either. It will also have two bedrooms so I can get a roomate to generate some extra cash. Also it means I can have my full £5,050 to pay for food and books and save a bit so I don't get broke. Which I have to say will be a HUGE load off my mind

ReputationRep:
    Totally, I'll feel a lot safer as well because my parents will choose the place and they've lived in London (I was born there) so they know where to avoid and they won't be stingy with it either. It will also have two bedrooms so I can get a roomate to generate some extra cash. Also it means I can have my full £5,050 to pay for food and books and save a bit so I don't get broke. Which I have to say will be a HUGE load off my mind

you are so lucky!!!
    that happened to one of my friends who is at Bristol, except she had a 3 bed flat so she rented out the other roooms...
    that will be fab for u...

ReputationRep:
    it certainly kills three birds with one stone...aww I saw a dead birdie today and I actually started crying...which is a bit wimpy but it was only a baby :'(

ReputationRep:
    it certainly kills three birds with one stone...aww I saw a dead birdie today and I actually started crying...which is a bit wimpy but it was only a baby :'(
    I know how you feel.... I wept for a pigeon once which had been attacked by a buzzard... poor little soul was so helpless and it was so touching :'-(

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.